Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stinky eyes....what to do??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nursejess80 View Post
    Her procedure is scheduled for Tuesday morning, so I'll let you know how it goes. As far as dry eye goes, does it usually manifest later in life?? She's never had any kind of problem until this week, and she's about 14 1/2 months old. I mean, her eyes have always been a little runny, but they looked no different than any other Cavaliers that I've seen. She has never rubbed her face on the ground or pawed at them until this past week (unless she's just had a bath!!).
    I think she was diagnosed in the first year. But it sounds like you guys have your situation under control and have figured out it was something else. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Her drops are called Neo-Poly-Dex (neomycin and polymyxin B sulfates). She gets one drop twice a day until her procedure.
    Jessica, mom to Ruby, 1 yr. old blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

Charlie's eyes used to run all the time when he was a pup.
    For some reason, he out grew it a few years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Hers have been a little runny all of her life, but they've just gotten really bad in the past week. She hasn't been rubbing her eyes as much since I've been using the drops, so hopefully everything will be okay after Tues.

Post Thanks / Like

Jessica,

Please let us know how everything goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Ruby is back home after her procedure, which went very well. You would never know that she had been put to sleep earlier....she's running around and playing. They were able to successfully irrigate her tear ducts, and she hopefully will not have anymore problems. I had a quick anatomy lesson about her tear ducts, and apparently 2 out of her 4 openings were underdeveloped, and 1 wasn't developed at all. He had to surgically make an opening so that the duct could drain, and we're crossing our fingers that it stays open. She'll be on the same eye drops that I've been giving her for about 2 weeks, and then we'll just see how everything goes. He said that her eyes weren't infected, but that he irrigated out LOTS of mucus. I feel bad that I hadn't taken her in sooner, but I just thought that her eyes drained like every other Cavalier that I've seen. Anyway, that's the update!!! Thanks for everyone's concerns!!