• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is 20 days enough?

sins

It's now 20 days since Daisy came in season.She's been under lock and key pretty much since then but she's slowly going stir crazy.Apart from a few ball fetches and cat chases she hasn't had much exercise.
When can we take her for a proper walk, will she need another few days?
Sins

if she's no longer bleeding, it's probably safe, I'd give her a good bath and get off the scents. Still be careful, but most dogs are only fertile midcycle, mine is typically on day 11, that last a few days.

Hey Sins....At least you are on the downhill slide! Dottie is about 7 1/2 months now and no sign of her "friend" yet. I hear it can be any time between 7 and 9 months? I am certainly not looking forward to this lovely time, as she REALLY enjoys her two daily walks but, the good news is, you just about made it through!

I had heard lockdown was about a month, so, three weeks doesn't sound too bad. Will keep you posted.

My Piper just started her second season (today is day two:eek:). She is much smaller than my boys, so she gets the hall and foyer (about 200 sq. feet) to herself. The boys are stuck in the kitchen. Right now, they just want her kong and cow ear, they could care less about the rest yet.

First up do the "tissue test". Blot her vulva with a white tissue and if even the slightest colour comes off then he is probably still in season. It does not have to be red blood. In fact the pale straw colour if a very fertile time for dogs. If you are pretty sure her season has ended, then keen an eye out on the behaviour of other dogs around her. The boys will certainly show interest if she is still in her season. Also, if her vulva still looks a little puffy then it is probably too soon to let your guard down.

I don't think you can just count 3 weeks, even though that might be the average. My Boxers seasons often went for as long as 6 weeks.

Back