• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sneezing

gloucester girl

Frankie (10) who's been with us for just under a week has started sneezing a lot. Is that a cold? Or a reaction to the new house? Should I be worried? He eats and is otherwise healthy and jolly.
You can tell how little I know about dogs... Gloucester girl

How is Frankie doing? I'm at a loss when it comes to sneezing, but if it's excessive you might want to call the vet.

I have one cavalier girl who sniffs in all the corners where dust is bound to collect during the week, and she seems to sneeze once or twice a day. We have a swiffer vacuum for the kitchen, where cavvie hair seems to collect fastest. Could it be that Frankie is sniffing dust, then sneezing?

sneezing

Thank you for your reply, Cathy. Frankie has got a lot better. He still sneezes a bit after snuffling around my dusty corners... :) When I posted the question, he must have had a cold because his sneezing was very productive! He also licked it up afterwards - my disgusting, cute little dog...:paw::paw::paw::paw:

Keep a very close eye n him. This could easily be kennel cough and could easily turn into pneumonia which in older dogs or puppies or immuno compromised dogs, can quickly turn fatal. If he is still sneezing I would at the very least ring your vet and ask if you should bring him in. Sneezing is not generally a normal behaviour.

I had this many years ago we did all the tests then relaised it was a plug in air freshner in the hallway ...we took it out and sneezing stopped

You got me quite worried now...so, I'll keep a good eye on him. I do think though it has improved. Frankie is very happy and eats, sleeps and plays well.
What is kennel cough?

Back