• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

please help

nubus

can anyone help me i just noticed that ruby is rubbing her mouth a lot and noticed that she has what looks like a few little sores that are quite red i carnt get her in to the vets till next week so i wondered if anyone has had this happen it dosent seem to bother her much but im just a bit concerned please help:xfngr:

I would find a way to get her seen by a vet as soon as possible. If your vet is too busy, perhaps you could make an appointment with another vet?

I agree get into another vet soon or even ask if you can see a nurse to have it checked ? If it is what I think it is it can be nasty if left and very sore for your dog and you will need cream and possibly antibiotics. Cavs are prone to skin fold problems around their mouths/ lips and worse case scenario lip fold pyoderma.

If you can't bring her, can someone else? It really isn't very good to leave something noticeable bothering her untreated for a full week. If she is rubbing her mouth, she *is* uncomfortable and experiencing some unpleasant feeling. (y)

I would also get her to the vet. Where are the red sores? Does you dog eat or drink out of a plastic dish? If that's the case I would switch to stainless steel or ceramic. Plastic dishes can harbor bacteria and cause what looks like acne on a dog or cats chin. Just a suggestion.

rubys mom

thankyou everyone ive got her booked in for monday earliest i could get she seems a little better today but it is still there its under her bottom jaw where the top meets the bottom its like a few red sores but not so red today she dose have a plastic bowl ive changed to the chrome one today thanks for the advise(y) about the bowl i would never have thought of that :confused: ill keep you posted and if it gets wore ill get her into the emergency vet if i can :xfngr:

I'm actually taking Daisy to the vet tomorrow morning for a similar issue on her lower lip. It is red and puffy on one side, but no sores and seemingly no pain. I have kept a watchful eye on it for a few days, hoping it was just due to her chewing on a particular treat in a way that irritated her lip or something else temporary, but no luck. So off we go.

Good luck to you and us both!

My vet told me about the plastic bowl bacteria when I took my cat in for a check up and ask her what those bumps were on his chin.

Well, we went to the vet today (hope I'm not hijacking nubus's thread). He said Daisy had a bacterial infection on her lips and he gave me some antibiotic cream.

After all the posts about plastic bowls, I thought about it and I thought "well, our bowls are ceramic (food) and stainless (water), so we're ok there." BUT, then it occurred to me later that when we have Daisy crated during the day, we have a bowl that's made to clip onto the wire crate. She loves drinking out of this bowl, even if she's not crated, if there's water in there, 9 times out of 10, she'll go in her crate and drink out of it. And it's PLASTIC. Duh. So I went out and tried to buy a stainless clip-on bowl. No luck. So I put a small stoneware hamster food bowl inside the plastic bowl, so she will be drinking the water from it, but it still has the clip-on feature I like for in her crate. I will look online for a stainless clip on bowl so it will hold more water. I'm sure they are out there somewhere. Everything is, right?

He also said I could take a Stridex pad and rub it on her lips once a day in addition to the antibiotic cream. (I don't know if Stridex is international or not -- it is an acne cleanser/astringent for humans.)

So hopefully between the different bowl and the medication, it will be cleared up soon.

rubys mom

well took ruby to the vet and as you all said it is a bacterial infection :(and i now have some cream:p id like to thank you all for the help and especially about the bowls thanks everyone:luv: shes alot better now:rah::)

Back