• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Phloem and heaving (ew! i know)

Sibealb

i'm very curios to know if anybody else has experienced their dog heaving (like a cat with furball in their throat) for a few minutes and then producing a phloem which tends to land smack dab ontop of judy's head?!:grnyuk: Should she be this phloemy? it does look uncomfortable the first time i saw this happening i thought she was choking and was reADy to attempt a doggy heimlich manouevre! Any suggestions/ experience of this heaving etc. ?:thnku:

I've found that either too much water too quickly on an empty stomach, or grass can have this result.

My Lily is a cougher but never brings anything up -- but she sounds like an old man hawking one up :eek:. The coughing could relate to MVD but I'd doubt it at a low murmur grade.

Thats exactly how she sounds just like an old man! Glad its not just Judy. We've been following her around like achild tryin g to wipe her face it doesn't happen that often thankfully !
Thanks for suggestions:)

Annie does this but doesn't bring it up. She clears the back of her throat and it does sound like she has a lot of drainage. Put her on Temaril P and when she has it all the symptoms go away-we're managing on 1/2 tab every other day and I don't like it b'cuz of the steroid but she's a lot more comfortable.

My old girl does this first thing in the morning, vet says its to to with her bad heart. She brings up white foamy stuff.

Back