• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jan Fennell

Ciren

i just caught her show on animal planet OMG that woman is amazing. i am now waiting for hubby to come home from his eye test so i can get him to order me her books. more reading for me to do before i actually go out and get a dog :D

I really like her general principles, but don't think eating before your dog etc makes one jot of difference. But those are minor points. :)

I interviewed her a couple years ago. I think I posted the story here actually.

I got Jan Fennel's book "The Dog Whisperer" out of the library just before we got our first dog 10 days ago! I read it in one go without putting it down. I don't know enough about dogs yet to judge whether her approach is the best but I like the non-aggressive attitude to training and her encouragement to understand dogs! If anything I found her book encouraging our way to becoming a dog owning family. We now live with Frankie who is ten and doesn't need any training from us; but we humans have benefited from J.F's training... I hope you'll get your dog soon - they bring immeasurable joy!! Have fun preparing for him/her. Frankie & family

Jan Fennel has a show near me next month, I might go. It's in Benfleet, Essex. I'll let you know more when I look at the poster again. It's £18 if you book or £20 on the door.

Back