• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Flea treats

Cathy T

We are dealing with flea allergy dermatitis with Jake. The problem with Frontline is that the flea has to bite the dog before it kills the flea. Well, that just doesn't work since it's the flea bite Jake is allergic to.
So, hubby dusted the house with Fleabusters powder last week.
Today I got an e-mail from my favorite doggy health food store reminding people to buy their Flea Treats. Never heard of them so I went online to research. This is what I found:
http://www.fleatreat.com/
They almost sound too good to be true!! If this really works I'm all for it. Anyone tried these or anything similar?

Hi!!

Haven't heard of or tried the product being UK based, but they certainly do sound good, and are reasonably (VERY!) priced too, might be worth giving them a try and see how things go from there!! :xfngr: Keep us posted??

I haven't heard of them before. I just finished reading the website and they sound really good for the dog and the price is great. I am very tempted to order them. But would love to hear if anyone tried them already.

Just called Dexter's and talked to the gal who usually helps me (super helpful and very knowledgeable). I am going to pick some up on Sun or Mon. She's says she's heard very good results as long as they are given religiously every day. That won't be an issue....I'll just put them by the treat jar ;)

Hmmm we have tried taking Vitamin B here to repel midges {small, really nasty biting insects} without much success. Two of mine have 1/4 of a human Vit B complex tablet daily to help prevent seizurez and I haven't noticed any particular difference with them with regard to ticks - our biggest problem here.

I will be interested to hear if these work.

This sounds really stupid I know but we get pretty effective control using a large Amethyst crystal in the water bowl...you have to charge it in sunlight about once a month, but we now rarely see fleas {despite having wild rabbits in the gardne, and I'm very susceptible to bites so know straight away if we have fleas} and if they do pick up ticks {the biggest problem here} they rarely attach, we just see them moving through the coat.

I would definitely recomend it, it won't harm the dog in any way and is a very natural way of helping. It seems to take a few months to work though.

Back