• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kitty modeling new spring Puppia!

tara

This is Carson -- our 3 year old persian. She has always refused to groom herself, so I gave up the fight a year ago and found a great groomer who gives her a "puppy cut." I still comb her, but it's less tramatic for everyone! She's modeling our new Puppia and matching leash -- she looks thrilled, doesn't she? We don't have a puppy yet, but Carson hopes our search continues so she can end her humiliation! P.S. No cats were harmed in the making of this photo!

2325338643_54aacde6b5.jpg

She looks like a stuffed animal!!

I wonder if the grooming issue is common with Persians--ours hated to be groomed and would never groom herself.
We could only do a little at a time, so half of her would be done, the other half looked like a train wreck.

Aw, now that is one extremely cheesed off cat!! :winkct:

Puppia looks great too, but that look could kill at 100 paces couldn't it? :lol:

Jen,
I'm not sure if the grooming issues is common with Persians or not -- I had one who lived to be 17 (got her in 2nd grade and she died my senior year of college) and she groomed herself so well I barely had to comb her. We also have a 14 year old himalayan (way too grouchy to try in the Puppia) who virtually grooms herself. This cat, Carson, is not the smartest feline in the world, so maybe it's an instinct thing. But yes everyone, she was very mad and is hoping desperately for a puppy so we can stop trying out all our equipment on her -- she does like the faux fur Wally Bed, though.

She looks absolutely adorable! :) Isn't there a contest you could enter this photo in? I'm sure she would win! :luv:

As far as a photo contest, I'm not sure but she did win this year's Halloween contest sponsored by our local shelter! She went as a ballerina -- hairbow and all. She also has been voted pet of the week at our veterinarian's clinic and is a regular at show & tell. Carson is somewhat of a local celebrity! She is cleared to visit a local nursing facility and sweetly lies on the elderly patients' laps. She sleeps with my six year old daughter every night and enjoys daily walks in our enclosed cat stroller -- drives the dogs in the neighborhood nuts! What she lacks is a furry playmate -- she tries to engage our 14 year old himalayan, but to no avail. I think if the relationship is handled carefully at first, she'll enjoy a puppy and the puppy will find a friend in her as well.

What a character! I defy anyone to find a cat that can look more PO about life in general but nothing in particular than a Persian. Talk about the personification of feline superiority... :lol:

No, we don't walk our cat on the leash. She likes to ride outside in our stroller, though (all mesh and she's safely zipped inside). I put this Puppia on her just for fun and she wouldn't move an inch. As you can tell from the look on her face, she was mortified!

Back