Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fainting

Post Thanks / Like

The vet told me basically what i thought, heart, can expect this. Since this morning though, she is now still coughing and vomiting the foamy stuff but the last few times there is blood in it which im worried about. Have phoned my vet again to speak to the senior vet to ask him his opioion, waiting to hear back from him . I never experienced this with Sam so am a bit worried. Also with Sam he never went of his food but with Bonnie she can eat for a couple of day really well then she wont eat a thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh poor little Bonnie! You are so special to care for her and give her the love, comfort and medical care that she so dearly needs right now. Will say a prayer for her and you too!!
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So sorry to hear she is poorly, and sounds like she should be on the full array of heart meds at this point. The collapse may be due to other issues, not her heart, as well; your vet will be able to tell you.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyoneThey addmitted her last night but will be let home this eve. Thought might be a tumor on her lungs but found nothing , she will be sent home on a chemist full of meds, was told but so many cant think of them

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry the vet didn't find something treatable for her problem. How is she getting on at home?
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you and Bonny xx

Post Thanks / Like

That's very depressing news indeed.I really hope the meds can control the vomiting and coughing. Has the balance been tipped where her quality of life is now too compromised? It seems that the vet is not making any recommendations but leaving the decision entirely with you?How nice it would be if you could buy some more time for her. Both of you are in our thoughts.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Think i have to bring Bonny back to the vets this evening and i know in my heart there is only one option left for her. I cant stand to see her suffer anymore and if there is nothing else left that the vets can do( i know myself theres not) there is nothing else for it. Since she has been home the first evening she was great, plus eating like i never seen her. Since yesterday dispite the meds she is gone of her food and water, wont get of the sofa, lying on it breathing distressed, coughing away, the only difference being that she has stopped vomiting. Have even tempted her with ham, chicken things that she will usually nibble but no she backs away as if they will hurt her. The same with water hasnt drank anything since yesterday morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Sallymum and Bonnie, we're thinking of you

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very sorry to hear she's reached such a low point.It seems like you've exhausted every other option and gone that extra mile to give her that little extra bit of time.It seems like you've made your decision and I'll be thinking of you this evening.She's had the best that life could bring since she found her way to you and you gave so much to her. I know there will be many more like Bonny who'll find a happy sanctuary with you.
    Hugs,
    Sins