• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fainting

sallymum

Had Bonny, the older cav i took in a couple of weeks ago, to the vet Thursday as she started to cough and bring up white foamy stuff. I knew it was to do with her heart but thought maybe she needed more meds. The vet put her on a water tablet as well as her med she is all ready on also said he would keep her in to do a dental on her as her teeth are very bad, said it might help her abit.
Holly has been great for the last few days eating more and no coughing. This morning when i went to take her for her toilet break she started coughing again and bringing up the foamy stuff again, also she collapsed and peeded on her self, when she came round she wasnt able to stand for awhile.
As i went throught all this with Sam a couple of months ago i knew what i was taking on. Still horrible to watch but i now her time is prob coming to an end but i like to think i gave her some love before anything does happen to her. I know she came from sort of a good home but here she has had lots of love and attention. Sitting her on my lap waiting for the vet to open. Please say a prayer for poor Bonny.

She is so lucky to have such a wonderful mum that knows how to care for her. I hope and pray that Bonny will be ok and have no more fainting spells! That would have scared me so much!

So sorry to hear Bonny isn't well. We're sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. We know she's in good hands with you. :hug:

Lots of prayers for Bonnie and you. You are so wonderful to make her time on earth so special.

Bless you for taking care of Bonny, especially since you already knew what you were getting into. It takes a special person to nurse an animal to it's end....you sound like that special person.

Really hope Bonnie will be ok. She is so lucky to have found you to give her the love and attention she deserves. How is Bonnie this afternoon?

The vet told me basically what i thought, heart, can expect this. Since this morning though, she is now still coughing and vomiting the foamy stuff but the last few times there is blood in it which im worried about. Have phoned my vet again to speak to the senior vet to ask him his opioion, waiting to hear back from him . I never experienced this with Sam so am a bit worried. Also with Sam he never went of his food but with Bonnie she can eat for a couple of day really well then she wont eat a thing.

Oh poor little Bonnie! You are so special to care for her and give her the love, comfort and medical care that she so dearly needs right now. Will say a prayer for her and you too!! :hug:

So sorry to hear she is poorly, and sounds like she should be on the full array of heart meds at this point. The collapse may be due to other issues, not her heart, as well; your vet will be able to tell you. :flwr:

Thanks everyone:flwr:They addmitted her last night but will be let home this eve. Thought might be a tumor on her lungs but found nothing , she will be sent home on a chemist full of meds, was told but so many cant think of them

I'm so sorry the vet didn't find something treatable for her problem. :hug: How is she getting on at home?

That's very depressing news indeed.I really hope the meds can control the vomiting and coughing. Has the balance been tipped where her quality of life is now too compromised? It seems that the vet is not making any recommendations but leaving the decision entirely with you?How nice it would be if you could buy some more time for her. Both of you are in our thoughts.
Sins

Think i have to bring Bonny back to the vets this evening and i know in my heart there is only one option left for her. I cant stand to see her suffer anymore and if there is nothing else left that the vets can do( i know myself theres not) there is nothing else for it. Since she has been home the first evening she was great, plus eating like i never seen her. Since yesterday dispite the meds she is gone of her food and water, wont get of the sofa, lying on it breathing distressed, coughing away, the only difference being that she has stopped vomiting. Have even tempted her with ham, chicken things that she will usually nibble but no she backs away as if they will hurt her. The same with water hasnt drank anything since yesterday morning.

I'm very sorry to hear she's reached such a low point.It seems like you've exhausted every other option and gone that extra mile to give her that little extra bit of time.It seems like you've made your decision and I'll be thinking of you this evening.She's had the best that life could bring since she found her way to you and you gave so much to her. I know there will be many more like Bonny who'll find a happy sanctuary with you.
Hugs,
Sins

Back