• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Greedy cavalier (update with pics)!

sins

I visited my mother last Sunday and finally got to spend time with the greedy guzzler Parker(or Porker as I fondly call him). What a fabulous dog though,handsome, playful with the sweetest temperament.He's starting to obey some simple instructions and no longer gets excited over food, his interest in food now seems typical of any cavalier and all the frantic begging and scavanging seems to be disappearing.He still hasn't lost any weight though due to his earlier successful thieving expeditions!!
Parents are now walking him daily to shift the flab,:xfngr: and he walks beautifully on the lead.
It's hard to believe how large he is,Daisy is 12.5 inches to shoulder and weighs 15 lbs.This dude is massive for a Cav.Miss Daisy despises him though and as you can see from her facial expressions that she doesn't want to share any field space with him:).See what you think.
CIMG2829.jpg

CIMG2830.jpg

Awww, I think he's a beauty! I hope he gets some of the weight off. He's got a great face. (Maybe if he loses weight, Daisy will be kinder to him? :) )

Last edited:
He is a beautiful boy and I'm sure he will be even more handsome not to mention healthier when he slims down a bit... I currently have Pippin on a diet as he is inclined to be leaning towards the heavy side lately, although I feed him the recommended amounts. I'm going to half his daily amount of kibble and top up with loads of veg.

And no, Diasy does not look impressed..maybe she feels he is stealing the limelight when she visits her gran!

He's a handsome gent, and he has a lovely expression on his face. :luv: I'll bet little Daisy befriends him very soon! She looks like she'd rather be anywhere but there!!!;)

Oh that is priceless.....Daisy isn't shy about showing what she thinks is she???!! He's big but he sure is handsome!

Great pictures, that is a classic "cramping my style" look. He certainly is a big boy, but very handsome!!

Oh, your parents have him looking gorgeous! I am so glad things have settled regarding food; it sounds like he is feeling less worried and anxious and no longer using food for comfort (gee that sounds like me... :lol:).

Daisy looks tiny in comparison! :) They make a nice couple though; he really is a handsome tri and she's a pretty girl!

Daisy may looked fed up but boy is Parker loving the camera! :snap: He looks so proud. Both are lovely.

I should probably have mentioned that he came to my parents via Karlin and cavalier rescue.Thankfully there was no sad story,it was a straightforward rehoming lovely of a 2 yr old neutered male.His only problem was that his obsession with stealing food from any source was making him very overweight and prone to developing health problems.
The joy that he's brought to my parents is immeasurable and he's spoiled rotten in return.(Just not with food :razz:).
Sins

Back