• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vets/groomers/oil Painting

Brian M

Hello
It seems like its going to be a busy weekend first off on Friday night I have to take Ami my 14 yr old white cat and Daisy the little blenheim for their annual boosters (do i ask the vet to apply the injection in the back leg) and as Poppy the tri has been doing a fair bit of scooting lately shes coming so the vet can check her anal glands for me. Then on Saturday morning all three girls are off to the hairdessers for a shampoo and set and a cavalier , not a lot off and leave my feet and feathers alone please , i drop them off at 9.00 am and collect at 3.00 pm so its an all day session and this particular place i go to even has one of those hydro therapy pools but i dont think they will appreciate that but i could be wrong. About November of last year i contacted a lady called Lorraine Gray who is an established animal artist and we agreed that she would paint the girls in oils and i found out this week its now complete ,it looks absolutely superb and with a bit of luck i may receive it on Saturday , and if anybody wants to view the link is http://www.pastelpetportraits.co.uk/acrylic_paintings.shtml so i am looking forward to receiving it and putting it in a special place , may i also say a very big thanks to Lorriane for her kindness and guidance and best wishes to her cavalier Smudge who has been a bit poorly lately. And lastly also i hope on Saturday i hope to receive a new fancy Panasonic camcorder i have ordered to record all the many happy moments that are supplied to me by the girls.:rah:

Wow, you have a busy weekend planned. I just took a peak at her website and love her work! Enjoy the new camcorder!

I would ask for injections to be in the hind leg area if possible.

Thanks for sharing the link. The portrait is wonderful. I love the way they look like they just stopped from playing to sit for the portrait and are not mpeccably groomed. You will enjoy this for many, many years.

(do i ask the vet to apply the injection in the back leg)
Was told by my vet that the yoke area, I suppose you'd say side of upper chest, was a better place to inject a dog. The absorption is better there too. I heard of a dog being temporarily lame after a jab in the leg.

She is a master at what she does! I'm sure you will treasure the portrait of your precious pups for years to come. Thanks for sharing the link!

Back