• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

CKCS on Today Show This Morning

Aww, I love those Cavaliers! I felt sorry for Digby. Our Daisy is on a diet right now (since mid-December). She really hasn't lost any weight yet, though. At least she hasn't gained. She's probably exactly halfway between those two dogs they showed in this clip. She needs to lose weight, definitely, but she's nowhere near Digby's size. I'm hoping that with Spring and Summer we'll get more exercise.

Her problem is that she is so horrendous on a leash that it is just no fun to walk her. Pull, pull, pull, jump and lunge at a dog, jump and twist to try to walk toward the dog behind the fence, etc., etc., etc. We're working on it and on our walk yesterday, I may have seen a glimmer of understanding that if she pulls, I'm not moving. I hope so. When she was finally walking a little bit without pulling (miracle of miracles), she seemed kind of depressed or like she didn't feel good, so I'm not sure what's going on. I used a different type of harness (I've got probably 8 harnesses of varying configurations I've bought over the last 2 years to help with the pulling problem.)

I saw a Cavalier in Time or Newsweek last week. It was an article about William F. Buckley. In one shot of him in his messy office, there was a Cavalier laying on the floor near his desk, fast asleep.

Have you used the Sense-ible harness (front clip harness)? This has helped every puller I know because there's no way they can pull against it except by walking at an awkward angle.

Wish I could have seen this episode -- too bad it aired the day AFTER I leave the US!

I saw a Cavalier in Time or Newsweek last week. It was an article about William F. Buckley. In one shot of him in his messy office, there was a Cavalier laying on the floor near his desk, fast asleep.

The good old Mr. Buckley gave a Cav. to President Reagan as a present too.

I wanted to say that Digby's owner is the creater of the NYC meetup group that ginger & I attend. She started it a year + ago because Digby was overweight, and didnt have many other 'friends' he socialized with. The other dog Bunny also attends the meetups regularly as well. And the trainer on the segment runs the class where Ginger took Tricks!
Digby's a sweet cav and very laid back! And I honestly think the camera added 10lbs! He's big but doesnt look that big in person!

Last edited:
Back