• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Colour Characteristics

Wow, Ashley - compare your little Holly to my Amber (in avatar) ... don't they look similar? LOL. I've seen very few rubies with that total white - almost blenheim style - line down their faces. Amber's has shrunk into a fine but very visible line as she's gotten older, and you may find the same will happen with your Holly's blaze. (I also have a Holly, but she's a BT).

:yikes :yikes

You will need to make it impossible for him to do these things or he will not be likely to live very long. I know a cavalier puppy that died by biting down on an electric cord. Eating cloth items like underwear and socks are a common source of intestinal blockage that can kill a dog in hours. And there are lots of pretty risky things in trash, including leftovers which are poisonous to dogs thouugh safe to humans, plasic bags that can entwine around the gut and kill, same for string, cooked bones that will pierce gut or stomach -- these are really, really serious risks.

Fortunately you can easily get most of what you need to solve this problem t any hardware store. I dog proofed my house when I had puppies that were interested in things like electrical cords the same way you child proof -- fasten down the cords with those u-brackets so they lie flush to the wall, put spaghetti tangles like computer cords and cables into cord protectors., close doors to all rooms where kids toys, clothing or other dangerous chewables are located, use baby gates to block off rooms as needed, confine the dog when you are out, make sure the adults never leave a single thing on the floor (just think 'toddler' or 'crawling baby'). You can buy trash cans with tight fitting lids. Then you will feel a lot less anxious and your cavalier will not be at such risk. (y)

I know. I'm doing my best. And by garbage cans I mean the little ones in the bathroom. Those are now under the sink. I just got a really well behaved puppy the first time around and had no idea what I was getting into with my second. And whenever I'm not home the dogs are in a crate, safe and sound.

Many thanks for all your feedback, found it very interesting reading :razz:- i guess it is down to individual personality after all :paw:

Last edited:
Wow, Ashley - compare your little Holly to my Amber (in avatar) ... don't they look similar? LOL. I've seen very few rubies with that total white - almost blenheim style - line down their faces. Amber's has shrunk into a fine but very visible line as she's gotten older, and you may find the same will happen with your Holly's blaze. (I also have a Holly, but she's a BT).

Babs has one too :)

Hali (ruby) has always been sweet, attentive and a couch potato. If I am sitting, she is on my lap, occasionally getting off for another toy but always on the lap but not in a clingy sense. She occasionally runs around with excess energy but she is just soooooooooooooooooooo agreeable. I can't imagine not having her in our lives. Deb

Back