• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

In the food bowl!?!

Nisha

It's really weird....About 5 times in the past 2 weeks Milo has gotten into this really weird habit - after he's eaten his food from the bowl he'll pee in it! 5 times this has happened!! exactly in the bowl...i have no idea why...the rest of the week i have been taking away his bowl as soon as he's finished eating so that he cant..but yesterday he phone rang while i was giving them their food and when i came back he had done it again!
Any idea as to why he is doing this and how can stop it?!
Thankyou!

How peculiar!! Certainly the strangest behaviour I've ever heard of, some of mine will pick the bowl up and bring it to me when they've finished to show off their "polishing" skills :lol: but to pee in it :confused:

Best thing I can suggest off the top of my head is to try buying a stand so that he is eating his feed from a raised level? Hopefully this might reduce the temptation to pee in the bowl when it is empty as it will no longer be on the floor?? :confused: Maybe some-one else will have a better suggestion?

Sam (the Boxer) used to do this when he was younger and I've caught Sonny doing it too. I think they do it as a sort of "this is my dish & my dinner" kind of message to the other dogs. It is quite gross really.

Oh my gosh -- that is the weirdest thing I have heard in a while! Very strange. You'd think if dogs have an aversion to peeing in their beds, they would have an even stronger aversion to peeing in their food bowls!

Funny little creatures.

Well he never ever pees in his bed....but he just suddenly started in this bowl...its so weird...yeh ill try that stand thing tonight Cathryn, hopefully it works...

The way I got Sam out of this habit was to remove & wash his dinner dish immediately after he had finished eating.

I think it's a way of laying claim. I feed Monty in a separate room from the others, to give him time to eat in peace and after the meal they are all let outside, which means the other two pass his bowl. If he has had something extra tasty (I add some tinned now and then ) one or the other has been know to spary the empty bowl.

Wow thats weird.They say when folks burp after dinner its the sign of apprecation,perhaps peeing is his way of saying ,that was nice mum.

Wow thats weird.They say when folks burp after dinner its the sign of apprecation,perhaps peeing is his way of saying ,that was nice mum.

hahaha;)

Anyway, i'll try feeding them separately...the thing is ive always fed them together so i dont know why he would be like that now..anyway i'll give it a go...he hasnt done it today or yesterday! so hopefully it was a weird habit and will just go away

Back