Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Karlin- helping my girl to lose weight

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks everyone

I have cut her food in half and supplemented with green beans at each meal. She seems to be fine with it! I have noticed that she is laying on the kitchen floor waiting for dinner a little earlier than usual, but she'll get over it.

I was surprised to hear one of your dogs lost 6 lbs in 4 weeks! That would be amazing. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks again for all the input.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to reassure you, my dogs are on Nutro Ultra Weight Management. Buddy weighs 21 lbs. which is a very good weight for him. Feel but not see his ribs, definite but not exaggerated waist. He gets 1/4 cup in the morning, 1/4 cup with green beans or carrots or apple and a little no fat yogurt in the evening and another 1/4 cup as treats, either in a treat ball or just playing games (mostly retrieving his little tennis ball or a thrown stuffie) throughout the day. He also get either a little peanut butter or a little cream cheese frozen in a Kong a couple times a week. He gets a 15 minute walk in the morning and either a 25 to 30 minute walk or an hour trip to the Dog Park in the evening. Works for us.

Good luck.
    Phyllis in West Virginia USA with two Clumbers and a Cavalier Named Buddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was surprised to hear one of your dogs lost 6 lbs in 4 weeks! That would be amazing.
    It would be worrying, too -- that level of weight loss would be catastrophic for a small cavalier. This is what I actually said:

she lost about 6 lbs in 4 months.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default That makes more sense...

As soon as I posted, I reread yours and realized I had the time line confused. 4 months makes much more sense. However, I am pleases to announce that in just under a week, I think I can almost feel a rib! That shows you how obese she actually is. She seems to feel good, though...more energy and even jumped on our high bed this morning!

Thanks again for all the advice. I'll keep you updated.