• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I got a new leather couch.

brid kenny

I put up a post last summer asking advice on what to get. Everyone said I should get one...so here it is!!

2008_03160018.jpg

2008_03160015.jpg

In my mind, leather is the way to go for people who have dogs. We love our leather couches. Just wipe them down and they look like new! Had them for 15 years. Yours is lovely, and already being put to good use. Enjoy!

We have leather seats in both vehicles now... mostly because the dog hair is easier to clean up. Leather recliner has held up quite well, other than the chewing of the footrest. :mad:

Looks like the pups approve!! :) When I bought my car several years ago I specifically bought leather seats for the dogs. I have a seat cover so they don't slip all over the leather but it sure it easy to keep clean...and no dog hair woven into the fabric.

Nice sofa!

Members with leather upholstery in car or home may find this site useful. It not only sells the product (we use no other) but gives advice on care and offers a colour match service. many of the leather care kits, sold in uk furniture shops, are actually Glitone's product under another label. We bought a large bottle of concentrate for the price of a well known chains small bottle of ready mixed.

Some years ago, we had the seats of an old Bentley restored by this company. The leather wasn't torn, but was scuffed and bare of colour in heavy wear areas. Afterwards, it didn't look new, but the scuffs were almost invisible and the colour was completely restored.

Members with leather upholstery in car or home may find this site useful. It not only sells the product (we use no other) but gives advice on care and offers a colour match service. many of the leather care kits, sold in uk furniture shops, are actually Glitone's product under another label. We bought a large bottle of concentrate for the price of a well known chains small bottle of ready mixed.

Some years ago, we had the seats of an old Bentley restored by this company. The leather wasn't torn, but was scuffed and bare of colour in heavy wear areas. Afterwards, it didn't look new, but the scuffs were almost invisible and the colour was completely restored.

Can you give us the link Barbara? :flwr:

Nice sofa Bríd!
Best get yourself a cushion for the floor though, cause once they settle in, it'll look like this :badgrin:
IMG_1086.jpg

Last edited:
You cant beat leather once you've got dogs or cats making themselves comfy on them, i'm having new floors put in right through downstairs too as i hate hoovering at the best of times!!!

Glad the dog obviously aoorves and i love her pink crate

Hi Brid,
couch looks great! I see you were careful to colour co-ordinate it with your lovely blenheims. Lovin seeing pictures of Phoebe and Pippa. :D

Back