• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

a favour

Ciren

they have changed our moving date (AGAIN) so frankly i need cheering up. my dream of owning my own cav seems further away than ever. so the favour is could you guys tell me nice stories about your cav's? anything at all will do, just something to keep my chipper up.

thanks in advance
Love
C

Hi Ciren!!

Sorry to hear you are being messed around over your moving day!

Hear's a quick story for you that wil put a smile on your face I hope!!

I met my Husband through Cavaliers! We had an elderly Cavalier called "Charlie" and he had many health problems but still enjoyed his little walks, I met my OH whilst he was walking his family Tri called "Bobby", we started walking the dogs together and the rest as they say is history! :luv:

Anyway, Charlie was given 48 hours to live by my vet, he had emphysema, and my future OH bought me a gorgeous Blenheim Puppy whom I called "Kaspar", well Kaspar wanted Charlie to play, Charlie kept shuffling away from the puppy, it was the very best thing we could have done, the extra movement helped shift the fluid on Charlie's lungs and those last 48 hours? Well they lasted another 3 and a 1/2 years!! :rah: :rah:

Hope you enjoyed that??

Have a school run to do right now, but have another story I think you will like which I will tell you when I get home OK??

See you soon!

Another Story for you!

Hmm let me see now, I have so many!! Oh I know!!

When I was expecting my eldest daughter Josie (10 in April :eek: ) I had a lovely Blenheim boy whom I had done very well with in the show ring, at home we called him "Chad" and he is behind all of my current dogs!

Anyway, as my "bump" began to grow Chad discovered it was a VERY comfy place to rest his head for a nap! He really did adore resting his head on my little bump and we spent many enjoyable hours snuggled up on the sofa, until that is, Josie started to move around!! We were enjoying a snuggle when Josie kicked out hard, Chad put his head on one side and stared at my belly, looked at me, then back to my bump again with a "What the heck?" look on his face! All went still again and he snuggled his head back down "Whack!" Josie kicked out very hard this time, Chad stared at my bump in total disbelief, this happened twice more, Chad's face was a total picture, then just as he settled down on the bump again Josie must have turned a double back somersault or something, Chad leapt off my bump and stood there growling quietly with his head on one side, he leant forward to sniff this bump that had come to life and was booted on the nose! That was it!! He started jumping up and down growling and barking at my bump! :lol: I was in hysterics! :lol:
After that, whenever I had a little lie down in the after-noon Chad would lie beside me, and wouldn't come within sniffing distance of my bump, the only time he plucked up courage again he got kicked again! :lol: It wasn't until Josie was around 9 months old that he eventually snuggled up on my lap again, and as soon as I got my second bump a year later that was it, nothing could persuade him to snuggle up to that one!
Ironically, once Josie was born Chad was the best babysitter ever! He would lie by her cot in our room whilst she slept and if he thought she needed me, he'd find me and claw at me until I followed him back to Josie! :luv:

Hope you enjoyed that one too!!

Oh hun I know the pain. My hubby was sent to school for 4 months and I was stuck waiting in KY and then we had to drive 30 hours here to ft. Lewis. Moving is bad enough without having to wait. ((BIGHUGS)) Just try to think about how much extra time you have to get ready for your sweet puppy to come home.

They really are worth the wait. Babs is a little to new to have many good stories but she is so amazing. I have owned many dogs but honestly she is so different. She is so loving and just wonderful.

LOL Cathryn! YOu made my morning! That's hysterical!

Something my dogs love to do to me.. When I am laying down on the couch they have to sit ON TOP of me.. .. then they sit there looking at me and whine for scratches.. So I start scratching them.. their chest, underneath the ears, the top of the bum, etc.. And then when I've had enough I say "OK all done!" and that's that.. or so I think.!! If they haven't had "enough" yet, they will literally look at me and SCRATCH me across the arm because they want more! lol they have SO MUCH attitude!

I'm sorry for your long wait. But eventually you will get a beautiful cav and it will be so worth it!

Here's a funny story for you: When Rosey (now 14 months) was just a little puppy, she was doing great at potty training. I took her outside very often (15-20 minutes when she was awake). I wanted her to do her duty on command, so everytime she squatted to go, I said, "good girl, go potty!" She quickly learned that "go potty" meant to squat and go right then. (That's not the funny part!)

One day when she was about 3 months old, I knew it was time to take her outside. However, I REALLY had to "go" myself. So I quickly took Rosey with me in the bathroom so that I could watch her (she always comes in anyway). While I was doing "my thing", I was talking to Rosey. I said something like, "just a minute Rosey, I'll take you outside, but first, Mommy has to GO POTTY". Well, all she heard was the "go potty" message and right in front of me, she stopped, dropped and pottied all over the floor! Wasn't she a good girl--Mommy said "go potty" and so she did. I laughed until I cried. That was confirmation that she had learned that command. She has never had an accident in the house since then and always tells me when she has to go out.

I'll never forget how cute she looked while making a mess. I hope that story helps your day!:rah:

thanks guys this is really helping :D the bump story is intersting as we would like to start a family so its good to know cav's are ok with babies. obviously i would be responsible with them :D

keep the stories coming!

When Scout was a puppy, around 10lbs, we were outside for a potty break. It was very, very windy that day. As she squatted to make a little pee a huge gust of wind came up and knocked her over. :eek: She jumped up looking around, I was laughing so hard, I almost went myself. Poor little dear. I was just glad it didn't scare her bad enough so that she didn't want to go outside any more.

Be patient, believe me they are worth the wait.

Well, Holly being the little lady she is, hates going out when it is very windy or it is raining (so most of the time in Scotland! :lol:). If I think its about time she needs to pee, I make her go out for a walk, and she squats as soon as we get outside, and stares as she's doing it so that I say "Good girl", then runs past me back into the house.
A couple of times she only squatted for like less than a second... so i began to think if she was having me on... and the little rascal was!!!
The next time she done it, i checked to see if she pee'd... and nope, she hadnt. She just wanted me to think she had so we would go back into the nice warm house:rolleyes::lol:

I'm sure I've posted this one elsewhere, but anyway here we go!

Like Ashley's Holly, our Cleo hates, hates the rain.

She was born on a very warm dry summer and she was with us for a few weeks before the first drop of rain fell. This was her first experience of rain!

We were out walking in the local Uni campus and the heavens just opened. Well we all ran and sheltered under a balcony, Mark and I thinking it would just be a few drops. Well the longer we waited, the worse it got, and so eventually we had to summon our courage and just head home.

Cleo had no clue what was going on, but absolutely did not like the rain. She kept trying to jump up on us both as we walked the 5 minutes home. We were trying to lead train her and so made her walk. Well, when we got home we took her off the lead and she ran straight into the living room. Stood, dripping water in the middle of the floor and barked and barked and barked like mad. I think she tought we'd turned the water on deliberately or something. She was definitely telling us off for exposing her to such a horror! She was so angry that it took quite sometime before she calmed down enough to allow us to dry her!

To this day she hates the rain - which is Ireland is unfortunate as it rains frequently here. Every evening she scratch to go for a walk, if we're not prompt on taking her out. This, even if it's raining. Once out in the rain she'll be absolutely disgusted with us and will try to take the shortest route. She knows all the parts of the path on all her routes where the drainpipes don't work properly and so have streams of water which she will almost cross the road to avoid. As we're walking around she keeps looking up with her 'abused dog' expression basically begging to go home. Once at home and dry of course, she has forgotten about the rain and wants out again! Sometimes we oblige and so get an encore performance of the disgusted dog!

Last edited:
Back