Thread: please help

Post Thanks / Like

Default please help

my husband stood on my dogs paw earlier he let out a yelp but seemed fine he was running up and down afterwards but we notised he was walking with a limp and was losing his balance he kept falling over to the one side he was shaking i have lifted him up and he is lying on the couch very quietly and sleeing i'm really worried and dont know what to do it seems to be his back leg it was shaking
    where would I be without my dog

Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid I have no answer but someone will help you here from the board. If you're uncomfortable with how your dog is then take him to the vet.
    BK

Post Thanks / Like

If you're not sure I would take him to the vet. I hope he's okay
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for advice he has just woke up an thankfully he is fine he was limping very slightly but it seems to have gone he is running up and down the stairs now thank god you just cant be sure with these wee guys can you

Post Thanks / Like

They certainly can give us heart failure one minute and fine the next.Maybe just keep an eye on him the next couple days to make sure all is well.

Husbands eh.....we went to a dog show today and they had tiny little toy dogs there..I pointed out to himself that we could never have one of those as he would probably stand on the poor thing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    but we notised he was walking with a limp and was losing his balance he kept falling over to the one side he was shaking
    I'd get him to the vet right away. I don't like the sound of falling over & shaking. Please let us know how he goes.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

it was frightening to watch at the time but he has been his old self today i will keep my eye on him someone is with him all the time we never leave him alone. my husband and i are going out wednesday night (tomorrow) to see derek accora ( probably spelt his name wrong) the clairvoyant he is in edinburgh playhouse at the moment really excited about it the kids are dog sitting