• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our Bailey hasn't got long

I'm a +3 to being given so long to live and exceeding it too, by 3 and a half years!

Don't give up hope, ever! :hug: :hug: :flwr: :flwr:

so sorry to hear your news i have been thinking about you all morning it's so hard trying to put a brave face on at times but unfortunately it comes to us all it's just so cruel that he is so young he should have a lot more living to do, take care and enjoy every moment you have with him i'm sure he could't have gone to a nicer home than yours and i'm sure he'll never forget you and your family but remember miracles can happen too just wait and see what happens take each day as it comes.

So sorry to hear about Bailey, such a baby too. As everyone else is saying just enjoy every moment with him and take each day as it comes.:flwr:

I had a ruby puppy boy with slipping patellas both legs that I was advised to gently lead walk up hills, he also had episodic falling and a heart problem so I opted out of an operation on him, deciding to let nature take its course and that we would just enjoy what little time we had with him, (he was six months old).
I lost him about five months ago ..... he was almost 14yrs old and had more problems than I could ever list...... there is always hope.....

Good luck with your little lad,
Ruth

Estelle, I'm sorry to hear the news on Bailey :( there isn't really anything that I can add that hasn't already been said by someone. Just wanted to let you know that I'll be keeping Bailey in my prayers. Enjoy every moment with him and try not to think about the bad stuff; it might not happen for a long time :xfngr:
Big :hug: 's to you all.

I had a ruby puppy boy with slipping patellas both legs that I was advised to gently lead walk up hills, he also had episodic falling and a heart problem so I opted out of an operation on him, deciding to let nature take its course and that we would just enjoy what little time we had with him, (he was six months old).
I lost him about five months ago ..... he was almost 14yrs old and had more problems than I could ever list...... there is always hope.....

Good luck with your little lad,
Ruth

Wow!! What an incredible age Ruth!! As you say, there is always hope...!! :hug:

There is always hope....don't give up and be sure to enjoy each day to its fullest. When Jake was diagnosed with cancer he was given a prognosis of 6 months.....that was 3 1/2 years ago!! Please don't give up, you never know. I think it's best to be prepared but remain optimistic. It's a shame to say your goodbyes and grieve before necessary. I know it's difficult but try to keep your chin up.

Thanks again everyone, I really do feel more optimistic after reading some of your replies, we just don't know how long we've got left with him, could be 4 months or 4 yrs but were going to enjoy and cherish every single day.
We've also decided not to tell Ebony (our youngest) until we absolutely have to.
Thanks again

Oh gosh I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better, I hope and pray your Bailey is with you a long time and you get a miracle.

Back