• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Irish Cavalier Rescue now official

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
It must be so because the bank allowed me to open an account in that name! :lol: I want to keep the accounts separate and also was always uncomfortable telling people to make cheques out to me for rescue... so now I can do all transactions as Irish Cavalier Rescue. I even get a separate chequebook for the dogs! I might give that to Jaspar to mind.

It took a couple of weeks and a formal letter of request to the bank directors to set up the account though! :eek:

:w**h**: Fantastic news Karlin, always nice to know that you're "official" or "approved" isn't it eh?? (y)

My accountants will be happy too. They had pointed out last tax period that if I had 'income' from rescue (eg homing payments to me) I could not set that off against vet fees under my main profession -- I needed to set up a separate account and operate under that. Needless to say that was a driving force -- I operate as a non-profit but would be taxed for 'profit' I couldn't set off against expediture!! :yikes

I can't wait for my chequebook...

That's great! It must be a good feeling to have it all official - one less headache!

Thats great.We have just registered Sleady Kennels all done now.We had to go to the accountant as well.

Karlin said:
It must be so because the bank allowed me to open an account in that name! :lol:

That's wonderful news Karlin! The best bit will be when the chequebook will arrive, once you see it in formal type on a cheque it will be all official!

I remember shortly after I got my first cheque book. I felt so grown up. I look young for my age, and I was in Safeway in London (where I was living at the time) early one Sunday morning, having been out late the night before trying to buy a can of guinness to make the Xmas pudding. They wouldn't serve me, they thought I was under 18 - I was 24 at the time. My only proof of being grown up was my cheque book - not a formal form of ID and unfortunately not one that the girl in Safeway would accept!

Justine said:
Thats great.We have just registered Sleady Kennels all done now.We had to go to the accountant as well.

Wow Justine it's all really coming together! How very exciting!!!!!!

Karlin, can you register as a charity, maybe you wouldn't pay tax then? I'd not sure but I think you don't pay tax on savings when you register as a charity?

It's far too complex and costly to register as a charity. You need a full board of directors and separately audited accounts. Just doing my accounts would cost me perhaps double the amount I received in donations in 2007.

It also takes two years to get charitable status (you need two years of audited accounts).

So I run ICR as a loss-making trade so that I can at least write off my expenditures.

They won;t have the account number for me til later this week. I will try to set up a direct Paypal for it if I can.

Back