• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

bathing

shan

i am thinking about giving molly a bath just wondering r there any dog baths that will fit into my family bath and make it easier to reach the puppy in the bath my bath is very deep and my back will be broken trying to reach her any suggestions and tips really welcome:confused:

What about a baby bath Or perhaps the sink???

Mine gets bathed twice a week for she has a skin condition brought on by her heart tablets! So i know what ya mean about a breaking back and sash aint a pup! :(

hope you manage to find something suitable to stop yer back breaking! :p

Could you do her in the shower? I know several people here have reported their dogs actually following them into the shower. Alternatively, I find those shower head things for the bath tabs to be rather useful at the rinsing stage.

Personnally I tend to bath my younger dogs in the kitchen sink!! :lol: Adults are bathed in the tub but I use the shower head on them!

My boys come in the shower with me. I've got a little plastic stool that I sit on so I don't have to bend down to them. My shower has one of those hand held shower roses on a flexible pipe. Make bathing a breeze and the boys enjoy it.

I bought a baby bath from Asda (Walmart) as it has a plug in the base. It's less slippery than the full sized bath and allows a depth of water to be accumulated, without waste.

Caraline, that creates quite a mental picture... :rotfl:

I don;t have a bath so have to use the shower and know what you mean about bending over. But a few weeks back a nearby house had a skip (dumpster) out in front for a rebuild and someone put a largish baby bath in it and I snagged it! I haven;t used it but it looks like just what I want as it will contain the dogs from walking out of the shower and also the water gathering in the tub will help soak their feet clean. I guess I now need to get a stool to sit on so I am not crouching or bending.

Back