• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

washing your cav

rocky

how often can you wash your cav mine is so grubby just now due his ear drops for his yeast infection he has, does it do them any harm i wahed him 2 weeks ago and have been puting it off for the last week i've tried brushing etc but does'nt make any difference

I found that ear treatments made the Izzy's coat greasy, but left bathing a few days after treatment stoped, as the coat only got messy again and didn't want to risk wetting infected areas. I used to use some grooming/cleanser liquid, on kitchen paper, to wipe down, meanwhile.

Ear drops are pretty mucky aren't they. I would resist washing her ears though until after she has been given the all clear. Yeast infections thrive in damp conditions, so if you get water down her ear canal it may exacerbate the situation.

Oh and yes, under normal circumstances, I don't think twice weekly bathing is a problem. That is how often I do my Cavaliers.

I bath as little as possible, Monty even less often than the littlies, because he always looks clean. This works out, usually, as three times a year for Monty and about six for the others, unless on Malaseb treatment, as was Teddy.

I bathed the littlies yesterday, but just groomed monty and unless you sniff for a shamppoo scent , can't tell who had the baths.

For the ears i use levander oil, 1-2 drops in a cotton. I used to have o big problem with the ears but now they smell great! Levander is also antimicrobial and keeps them clean.

I rarely bath him with shampoo, i only use water. Don't shampoos affect the flea control??

Back