View Poll Results: How many treats to your cavs get a day?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less then 5 a week

3 7.50%
  • Less then 1 a day but more then 5 a week

6 15.00%
  • Between 1 and 5 a day

24 60.00%
  • Between 5 and 10 a day

6 15.00%
  • More then 5 a day

1 2.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Treats

Post Thanks / Like

Ours get 1/2 biscuit a day, they're small to begin with, when they go to bed and usually another half when they go for their afternoon nap. However they all get at least one ice cube a day. They like the biscuit, but they go absolutely bonkers when they hear the ice machine!
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Maddy gets a treat when we return from a walk - usually twice a day - one of these is a dentastick. She's gotten into the habit of rushing to the treat cupboard as soon as we get in, clever little madam! During the week I also give her a little treat when I come in from work, this is for being a good girl while I'm out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We buy biscuits that are easily broken in half. They get half a biscuit when we leave for work and another half at lunch time. I use their regular kibble as treats for rewards after nail trimming, ear cleaning, and to practice recall.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Charlie gets liver treats for his training but he also has a chicken strip almost everyday. He's 5 months and weighs 12 pounds. And actually looks quite skinny but I guess its a puppy thing.
    King Charlie! Always a happy pup!

Post Thanks / Like

Mine all get a mini markie each at bedtime, plus a fishskin treat around lunchtime to help keep their teeth clean, if we are doing something like bathing, nailtrimming etc then they get an extra treat at the end of that too.
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not counting training treats (which are generally charlie bears nowadays), our girls get several little treats several times a day.

Most treats are either charlie bears or Old Mother Hubbard Small Biscuits. They randomly get a treat when they kennel when they are left home in the morning and at noon. They also get treats when the mail comes in because our mailman leaves them treats with the mail (he's a dog-friendly mail carrier!).

They also generally get a special treat in the evenings, such as a spoonful of pumpkin. They eat once at day (at noon) so they enjoy a little extra in the evenings. We also use carrots. They like ice cubes, as well, when they come in from playing outside.

Now, these are "approved" treats. The girls also get contraband treats from DH at EVERY MEAL!! He literally saves the last bite of whatever he's eating and then divides it into thirds and treats the girls. Can you believe it?! It's terrible!!
    Cindy
    Cedar (tri), Willow (blen), Holly (ruby), & Bella (blen)