Thread: vets over charge

Post Thanks / Like

Default vets over charge

can you tell me if you sometimes buy their prescription online as i have just found a site that sells all treatments that you get from the vet at a fraction of the price the said you just send them a copy of the prescription to them with the vets signature and they can send it out within 48 hours i just saw otomax era drops that i got from my vet yesterday which cost me £16.00 this site i found was charging £7.00 for the exact same drops
    where would I be without my dog

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say this-- but much of what a vet sells us, we can get much less expensive somewhere else. This isn't a big deal if you have one or two dogs. But if you have more than 3-- it may be prudent to look for pricing elsewhere.
    Eye drops
    Ear drops
    prescriptions-- human versions are often MUCH cheaper
    shots
    supplements-- again human versions can be much cheaper

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You need to be absolutely sure this is a legit site. Loads of sites sell fake medications for people and pets -- probably the majority of online pharmacies are bogus and that is why they are so amazingly cheap. At a proper pet pharmacy costs will often be less but not drastically less. That sounds suspiciously low but it really depends on the vet too.

I know Barbara and others know the names of some of the trustworthy legit UK pharmacies and will likly offer you some links.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Karlin-- You have to know where the drugs/supplements are coming from. My suppliers are KV vet, fosters and smith, puritan pride and Walmart.

Post Thanks / Like

I use an online pharmacy to get Kingston's flea/heartworm treatment. Just make sure to use a well-known site such as Foster's & Smith or 1-800PetMeds.

Post Thanks / Like

I can vouch for Petmeds, who undercut anyone else by 5% anyway. The company is run by a vet, who is onsite. Simliarly, Vet-medic is part of the human Manor Pharmacies chain.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As others have mentioned, you do have to be sure of the source, but yes, I buy as much of everything I can online.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~