• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

when to treat dog

rocky

how often should you treat your dog for fleas, worming etc and what is the best products because my vet said that the treatment you get from the vet is more effective than out of the shops if there is a web site to get these from could someone please tell me as i don't want to find a bogus site, like i have posted before, i found a site but not sure if it's genuine i live in scotland

Find the cheapest product online. Have the link ready and ring petmeds (see website). They will reduce any price , below theirs , by 5%. I prefer to phone, as you know excatly what you will pay. They are a genuine company and owned by a vet , who's onsite.

Worm an adult every 3-4 months. I use Drontal Plus.

I don't routinely treat for fleas, but have some Frontline spray. This needs a free prescription from your vet, but the spot-on pipettes, used on the neck, do not.

how often should you treat your dog for fleas, worming etc and what is the best products

This often depends on where you live. Here in Australia we worm our dogs every 3 months (more frequently for puppies under 6 months). I use Drontal all wormer. We heartworm them monthly. There are two popular products here - Heartguard or Proheart (tablet not injection). Then for fleas we use Frontline monthly or if in a tick prone area then fortnightly.

I'd follow the advice of your vet re how often to administer these drugs, because geography is important.

Back