• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

So proud of my little Harvey

Harvey

About 6 months ago Harvey developed a couple of nasty habits - one was pulling on the lead and the other was barking at other dogs, barking so bad that it was embarrassing! Taking him to the Vets was a nightmare and just walking around the block was bad enough.

But i have been putting alot of effort into training him on the lead and trying to get him better with other dogs.

Yesterday my hard work was rewarded - I took him with me to collect the children from school - something i dont do because you have to stand by the gates (dogs are not allowed onto the school grounds) with all the other parents that also combine the school pick up with walking the dog. In the past he would have barked the place down, tugged and pulled to get to the other dogs, embarrassing me while the other parents stare as if to say can you not shut that dog up....

We arrived slightly early, there was a miniture black poodle, black labrador, two golden retrievers, a very large white standard poodle, Harvey and i. I told him to sit and he sat, he looked around at the other dogs and i could see that he was about to bark, so i said no and made him focus on me. For the next 10 minutes he sat there like an absolute angle while hundreds of kids walked passed him, some even stopping to stroke him, even when the small black poodle started to bark he didnt take any notice!!

When my daughter arrived he stood up and waged his tail very pleased to see her - as we walked home a little cocker spaniel growled and barked at him and he still didnt re-act!!

I am so proud of my little boy - hopefully this is the start of being able to take him anywhere without the fear of him causing a scene!!

:w**h**: Way to go Harvey!! :cl*p: All that hard work is now paying it's dividends, keep it up now!! Also you will find that because you know he won't play up you'll be more relaxed when out with him, and that in turn will relax him more if you see what I mean?? ;) :dogwlk:

:rah: Yay good boy Harvey, you've made your mumma proud :rah:

And well done on the training!

That's really great! We have similar problems withi Daisy that we are working on, but I know in that situation, she would have been bonkers unless I kept a treat in her mouth at all times! :)

Thats such fantastic news and you must be so proud. My Tommy was the same. Vet visits were a nightmare as was walking him. He did get better towards the end with walking but it was never really a relaxed comfortable event so I can completely understand your pride and relief.
Well Done:)

Back