Thread: I may be in urgent need of a Dublin city foster

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default I may be in urgent need of a Dublin city foster

May have another dog coming in and already have one who needs foster too. This will make FOUR cavaliers at the moment... I badly, badly need city centre or suburb fosters... the same one or two people are ending up with dog after dog which isn't fair on them. I will have to start kennelling instead which is not great for fosters. Please if you know people who might like to foster, or are considering this yourself, I am happy to explain more so you can see if this is right for you. Normally foster periods are about two weeks, sometimes less. Because I have been away I have had two dogs in foster for several weeks and this is very hard on the same fosters.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default fostering

hi karlin shan here i live in cork if you want to pm me details of fostering i would consider it if my area is of any use to you i have cavalier puppy and boxer

Post Thanks / Like

Hu ,i can take one as well.But i cant get to Dublin.Hopefully kennels up and running sooner maybe sept or oct,can take dogs for you then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks all; my real problem is the immediate Dublin area -- and transport always, too. Usually I need to have these dogs within reasonable distance of my vet practices I use and homechecks, or it is incredibly time consuming to do long drives with dogs.

I am going to put out an appeal to the homes that have taken cavaliers from me, as well.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Any luck with these guys??

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

One going to a foster with an eye to rehome; one safe where he is; one may need a place next week; still haven't heard back about the fourth cavalier.

The need for fosters and transport within Dublin is however an ongoing and permanent issue. Thanks folks who have been in touch privately.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Karlin,
    We're always happy to help, any way we can. We're pretty close to Dublin, only about 30 minutes from Blanchardstown (although not in rush hour, obviously)
    We both work 9am-3pm these days, so there's always someone home from around 3pm on, and we can offer transport if needs be.
    Let me know if we can be of any help with the influx you seem to be having.
    Cecily, owned by Dougal (B&T boy, age 2) and Dora (Blenheim female, age 2, rescue)

Cavaliers at the bridge, much missed and not forgotten: Aggie (tricolour female) and Rio (Blenheim female) and Tandie (ruby female)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ideally I'd like to get one 5year old male into foster by mid-week if I cannot quickly place him -- Prince the tri -- I am really under pressure for work at the moment so homechecks and vet checks are hard for me to do right away. I will see if I have any response from prospective homes in the next two days or so first.
    Karlin