Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I may be in urgent need of a Dublin city foster

Post Thanks / Like

One thought about fostering though - although I'm a failed 'transporter' (didn't even get as far as fostering Kevin!!), if everyone failed all the time there'd be no foster homes and therefore rescues would be backed-up with dogs waiting to come in.

Easier said than done though - I've only ever fostered 2 cavaliers. One wasn't suited to children, so he was moved on very quickly; and the other was a 'permanent foster', so she stayed with us until she went to the Bridge.

Most of my fosters have been springer spaniels.

As far as cavaliers are concerned, I'm more interested in the special needs ones anyway, so less likely to fail with a young, healthy dog.
    Proud member of The Spaniel Trust - putting the trust back into spaniels.
    A Charity registered in Scotland SC038987

Post Thanks / Like

i am off til wednesday if u need any help with transport u have my number!!
    Mom to freddie 1 yr old (blen), baxter 1 yr old (ruby) and molly 3yr old (tri)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Karlin,
    We're always happy to help, any way we can. We're pretty close to Dublin, only about 30 minutes from Blanchardstown (although not in rush hour, obviously)
    We both work 9am-3pm these days, so there's always someone home from around 3pm on, and we can offer transport if needs be.
    Let me know if we can be of any help with the influx you seem to be having.
    Cecily, owned by Dougal (B&T boy, age 2) and Dora (Blenheim female, age 2, rescue)

Cavaliers at the bridge, much missed and not forgotten: Aggie (tricolour female) and Rio (Blenheim female) and Tandie (ruby female)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ideally I'd like to get one 5year old male into foster by mid-week if I cannot quickly place him -- Prince the tri -- I am really under pressure for work at the moment so homechecks and vet checks are hard for me to do right away. I will see if I have any response from prospective homes in the next two days or so first.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com