Thread: Day 13 and still flowing!!!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Day 13 and still flowing!!!

Okay, Dottie is on day 13 of her first (and LAST) heat. She is STILL spotting blood. I had heard that the discharge only lasted 7 to 10 days. How much longer can I expect that she will keep this up . Also, do I add days onto her prison sentence now, or is keeping her sequestered for 30 days total enough? Except for the discharge, she seems oblivious and is happy, bouncy, cuddly, funny, has a good appetite and good stool activity. Anyone?
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like

Hi!

First seasons are funny things indeed, I have to say right now that the hormones released can either be very light or very heavy, I have heard tell of a bitch who was in heat for six full weeks first time around : Others will have a very light heat seem to "stop" then come back into heat some 3-4 weeks later.

I have had bitches who have bled all the way through their season and have been mated and had large healthy litters, and others who have bled little, barely swollen and also been mated and had good sized healthy litters too! I currently have an 8 month old who is also experiencing her first heat, no colour now (danger time!!) and her grandpa is certainly aware of her (NO WAY Logan!!)

Personnally I would wait at least 6 weeks from day 1 of her heat before you allow her into the general community again, also advise a nice soapy bath before!! HTH??
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hbmama View Post
    Okay, Dottie is on day 13 of her first (and LAST) heat. She is STILL spotting blood. I had heard that the discharge only lasted 7 to 10 days. How much longer can I expect that she will keep this up . Also, do I add days onto her prison sentence now, or is keeping her sequestered for 30 days total enough? Except for the discharge, she seems oblivious and is happy, bouncy, cuddly, funny, has a good appetite and good stool activity. Anyone?
    Mine bleed 7-11 days and then they change to a lighter color for another week. Total time of discharge is an average of 17 days. fwiw

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Back in the days when I had intact Boxer girls, they would bleed/spot for a full 21 days.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gosh girls, makes you happy to be human.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    Gosh girls, makes you happy to be human.
    I DON'T KNOW-- ONCE EVERY SIX MONTH???!!!! MIGHT BE WORTH IT-LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, that's a good point. Don't know if I'd want all those guys hanging around the door though...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com