• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

upset tummy

rocky

my dog has not been eating much the last few days i think he's teething as he is really chewing hard on everything and when i was brushing his teeth yesterday a tooth fell out he is still very active and keeps going over to his food bowl but just looks at it i can hear his belly making noises all the time so i know it is uset he's running around playing with his toys and you can hear his tummy making noises what can i give him to settle it i'm sure it's to do with his teething

How old is your baby? Puppies do often go off their feed when they are teething, it might be worth softening his feed down a little with some warm water to make it easier to chew if you are feeding him a kibble diet. HTH?

Also -- don't leave the bowl down -- soften the food as Cathryn suggests by soaking it for a bit, but just give him 10-15 minutes to eat. This breed should never be allowed to free feed as they can become quite food manipulative and finicky; they also too easily gain weight and will not restrict the amounts they eat as adults in most cases. Just put the bowl down at set meals, don;t coax him, ignore him and leave him to it; if he doesn't eat, then remove the bowl, no treats, and repeat at the next scheduled feeding time *only*. This could definitely be teething but also could be a bit of being manipulative and you want to make sure mealtimes are structured, set times without social interaction from you. (y).

While they are teething make sure he has chews as he'll appreciate those; many puppies also appreciate a frozen washcloth to chew on as it numbs the pain. Just take a washcloth (flannel), soak it in cold water, wring it out, and place it in the freezer still tightly rolled up from the wringing so it forms a kind of log and freeze.

Back