• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

update on my previous agility delimma

jld

Hi, just thought I would update those of you who encouraged me to keep doing agility with Dixie. I had posted about 2 months ago that Dixie would not go through the tunnel or tire, and I wondered if I should stay with it, or just accept that she was not cut out for agility. Debjen, and many of you, encouraged me to stick with it and gave me ideas to help Dix overcome some of her reluctance. Well, I am so glad I didn't give up. She LOVES it now, and will do it all.....tunnel, chute, tire, A-frame, jumps, etc. all of it. She is becoming a little pro. I am so proud of her, and it is so much fun!!!!! She isn't the same dog that she was 2 mo. ago. Like you all said, just give her time, and lots of praise (and treats, of course). I love her instructors. They only believe in postive reinforcement and never any kind of negativity, so Dixie just thinks it's all fun and games. Thanks again everyone. We are now officially agility addicts. Judy and Dixie

I remember your post. I glad to hear she is enjoying it soo much now. Can't wait to see some action shots.

I am so glad to hear that Dixie is now enjoying her agility challenges. It sure looks like fun & I'd like to get Beau involved once he has comepleted the higher levels of obedience training.

Lol good to see she's doing great.. when I get problems with Qwebble when we start I'll know where to come ;)

Keep up the good work!

That's great news! I am so glad you are both having such fun! Those pieces of equipment and the seesaw are generally hard (as in scary hard) for many dogs. :)

Back