• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

where do i get the royal canin for cav's

ruby2

I saw from your site that you had seen royal canin for cavaliers. I looked at the zoo.ie that you recommended karlin and could'nt see it?? Is it there?
Is this the royal canin that you recommend? As i said on my thread i'm currently giving pedigree and want to change it now after all the advise???

cavalier food

hi i got minie from petstop in cork think they have a dublin store aswell molly loves it she is sixteen weeks doing much on it than on burns mini bites more sastified better poos i am very happy with it:p

I understand Royal Canin for Cavaliers is hard to come by but Royal Canin Mini Junior or Royal Canin Mini Adult, depending on the age of your dog, is good. The Junior food is ok up to 10 months old.

As far as I know, RC for Cavaliers is only for cavs OVER 10 mths.

Like Pauline said: The Junior food is ok up to 10 months old (y)

cavalier food

i thought the general feeling was not to go with the royal canin puppy food but to go with good quality adult food instead which is why i went with the cavalier royal canin was i wrong did i misunderstand the postings dont want to do anything that is bad for molly:confused:

On puppy foods: Most breeders I have come across do not feel puppy food should be fed to any dogs -- that it causes accelerated growth that is not good for joints and bone growth. I never fed any puppy foods -- just went straight to home cooked meals and some Royal Canin small breed adult as my main kibble.

From breeder Laura Lang's website:

I would never, EVER feed a typical grocery store bought dog kibble as their quality is quite inferior to Canidae and some of the other dog kibbles. This includes Iams and Science Diet which I consider very poor quality as compared to the ones I've mentioned (compare the ingredients to see why!).

I will NOT feed a Puppy Food either. My dogs get only a quality Adult Food. At one time dog kibble was so poor in quality that if you did not feed a puppy food, the puppy would not get the nourishment it needed. Today the problem as reversed. Puppy foods are so powerful they actually cause the bones of a puppy to grow more quickly than the surrounding tissues are able to. This causes uneven development and may exaggerate any genetic predisposition to skeletal problems such as hip dysplasia or patellar luxation. Feed a high quality adult kibble ONLY. Note: Feeding a Puppy Food will void my warranty.

More info on feeding at this site: http://www.dogaware.com/dogfeeding.html#addfoo

The cavalier food is quite new so shops are only just starting to get it in. If a pet shop carries RC just ask if they can order it for you -- I am sure they will. (y)

Brendaspets.ie stock Royal Canin for CKCS. €12 for 1.5kg.
They seem to have an offer on at the moment where delivery is a flat rate of €5.

Back