• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My two golden oldies

They both look fabulous for their ages Bev - I especially love Rosie. I too have a Turretbank Ruby, we will have to compare notes and see if they are related!!

I'll hunt her pedigree out Nicki and we can compare. Will be interesting so see if/how they are related.

Basil has the Monty look, Bev. Is it the effect of the lighting or is his white head hair growing faster then his red ? That's the case with my big boy, but he's only just showing his age and he is 12 +. A few white hairs, heart meds because he's borderline, and slightly milky eyes, but he can still see what he wants and is, in fact getting bouncier.

Barbara, his white hair grows a lot faster than the red - he can sport a great tuftie when the mood takes him. :D

His eyes are clear as is his heart, but hoo boy - the poor lad is a tad hard of hearing, as is Rosie's

Oh I forgot that bit, but Monty is only deaf when asleep. Before Christmas, he gave David a real fright, as he didn't get up when the others did and didn't respond when David called him. He began to say'Ohh Monty,'' when up he jumped and bounded off.

That happens here regularly too Barbara, sometimes I go and gently shake them with my heart in my mouth - the oldies really do seem to go into such a deep sleep, I stand and watch for them breathing! :eek:

I asked the vet about this, last time he saw Monty, thinking that older dogs perhaps sleep more deeply, but he said that it's because they are slightly deaf, so arn't disturbed, thus enjoying a good sleep. This could be why Monty is more lively when awake. He sometimes bounces round like a rocking horse.

This is him

IMG_0765_1.jpg

Barbara, Monty is really looking great! You would never say he was a day over 7 looking at this picture!!

Monty is looking great Barbara.:) I must take some pics of Basils litter brother and sister Lily and Barney. They are 11 in a few days time.

They are lovely Bev - really beautiful i especially love your ruby girls white socks, I soo want a Ruby but will wait a few years as 2 is plenty enough for me right now:D

Her socks aren't white Nicki, they are just a bit lighter than the rest of her (must be her old age) ;)

Back