Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how often to treat

Post Thanks / Like

Default how often to treat

how often do you worm them and treat them for fleas he was done for both about 3 weeks ago at the vet and what is the best treatment to buy is it ok to get at pet shop are they as effective. also i washed vegas a week ago and used flea shampoo it brought his coat up lovely and shiny and it seems to have worked could i use this every time i wash him as well as giving him his treatment
    where would I be without my dog

Post Thanks / Like

We worm Sally every 3 months with Drontal Plus tablet and use Frontline to prevent fleas every 1-2 months. This is what our vet advises but I think different vets from different areas may recommend different flea and worm schedules. From what I've heard I don't think petshop flea and worm treatments are as effective as ones from a vet. We buy our Frontline and Drontal Plus online from pharmacies such as
    www.vet-medic.com. Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Drontal Plus and Frontline here too, I have never used pet store medications on my cavvies - I don't think they work as well as the stuff from the Vet.
    Bev and the Gang

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We use Frontline spot on (fortnightly here for ticks) which only need be applied monthly for fleas. Puppies get wormed monthly until 6 months & then from there on every 3 months. We use Drontal all wormer. For heartworm we use Proheart tablets monthly.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

what is heatworm ?
    where would I be without my dog

Post Thanks / Like

Default frontline

can you only buy this from the vets? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I had no idea the dogs should be wormed- I thought only puppies had this problem! I give mine Advantix topical for ticks & a monthly heartworm pill, but nothing for regular worms. My vet has never mentioned anything about it!
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

Where can you buy drontal from?? I have never seen at the pet store.
    Katie, mum to ruby 9 months old

Post Thanks / Like

I use advantix for flea control every month and milbemax for worm prevention every three months. I get these from the vets.
    Andrea
    Jasper tri
    21/Dec/05, Gabby ruby girl 8/Nov/07, and Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

Why is everyone worming all the time? I only worm little puppies, once they are in their new home, worms are usually not a problem until they are one. We don't have a flea problem here in Michigan thank goodness, my dogs have never had one.