Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My darling Brandy

Post Thanks / Like

Default My darling Brandy

Many of you will remember about a month and a half ago I brought home a beautiful Collie(http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=23117) name Brandy - She was one of the most special dogs I've ever had the joy of living with! Sadly, 2 weeks ago Wednesday tragidy hit, and took my beautiful Brandy with it. I had finally got Brandy's coat unmatted and it was starting to look good again, she was able to get up and down without extreme pain, and was really starting to do well. The night before she passed away, for the first time I saw her actually run around the yard playing with one of my Italian Greyhounds, I'll never forget the joy of seeing Brandy play freely without pain at last!

Sadly, the next morning I woke up to a devistating site - My beautiful Brandy had had a stroke during the night, she was totally unresponsive, had no reflexes, she couldn't even hold her head up. I rushed her to the vet, we tried fluids and steroids, I kept praying for a miracle, but sadly, despite being given valium, Brandy started to seizure, and I knew that even if I could save her life, she's never have a quality of life again - I knew the stroke had just done to much damage, so I had to make the hard decision to have her put down. It's been almost 2 weeks, and still my heart is breaking! I knew she was old and our time would be short, but I was expecting much longer!!!

Run free my beautiful girl! You'll live on in my heart forever!!!
    Mommy to Amber (B/T female born 09/2003 ) and Starlight (Tri female born 05/2008 )
    Also owned by 2 Italian Greyhounds, 2 Afghans, 3 Sphynx Cats, and 1 Ragdoll cat
    Missing Brandy (Rough Collie), Anabelle (Toy Poodle), and my other furkids across the bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry to hear this. I remember your pride and joy when you presented Brandy, and she had something very special about her. My eyes are filled with tears for you, and I send you all the warmest hugs and thoghts.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! And yes, Brandy was something special! I've never had such an instant connection with a dog - She was one of a kind, in the short time she was with me she added so much! My whole house feels empty without her!
    Mommy to Amber (B/T female born 09/2003 ) and Starlight (Tri female born 05/2008 )
    Also owned by 2 Italian Greyhounds, 2 Afghans, 3 Sphynx Cats, and 1 Ragdoll cat
    Missing Brandy (Rough Collie), Anabelle (Toy Poodle), and my other furkids across the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

oh I am so sorry to hear about Brandy That is just heart breaking. It's wonderful to know that she was running around in the yard the night before she stroked though I'm sure that sight alone made everything worth it. Run free at the bridge beautiful Brandy!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

That is so sad! But it sounds like she had one last glorious romp before she passed. I bet she felt like she was already in heaven when you took her in. Brings tears to my eyes!
    Idette along w/Armani (Tri) & Tracer - (MS), Goldie & Blackie - kitties

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to read this, just when she'd found happiness with you, there was something very special about her that's true and l know how these rough collies take your heart when they leave for rainbow bridge, take care you're in my thoughts
    Run free Brandy, young again and pain free

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss and like Sara said, it's good to know she was able to run around and have some fun on her last evening. It will take quite some time I'm sure to get used to her not being around, I'm sure your other dogs will be a comfort to you.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Such a short time you had with her and she was so lovely. I'm glad you gave her the love she had been missing and how much it must have comforted her.
    Another soul waiting at the Bridge for you-you'll have a grand reunion.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear this news..yes I did read your post in feb about brandy.

I just don't know what to say ,except I am thinking of you and well done for giving her so much love in the short time you had with her. Take care
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Brandy
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )