Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My darling Brandy

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear about Brandy. Like the others have said...I am glad she got to experience a bit of the good life with you. What you did for her made her life that much better.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, that is so sad. At least she new a bit of love and a caring touch in her last days with you. Those of you who rescue are truly angels!
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear about Brandy.. but at least you gave her a happy ending of her life.. time is short, always too short, but at least having to let go is never easy but better when she was happy then when she was miserable..

I wish you a lot of strenght in the time to come and keep that image of her playing and running around in your memories forever!
    Qwick °07-Feb-2000
    Qwebble °26-Jul-2006
    Qnotje °29-Mar-2008

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to read about your loss Sara, Now and again someone special comes into our lives, even just briefly, and touches our hearts. Brandy was your someone. You gave her your love and kindess and she found the strength to enjoy her last run. Play happy at the Bridge Brandy.

There is a place that some of us know
    Where our dear departed pets all go
    Where the sun always shines and butterflies wing
    their way across fields where bluebirds sing
    Where toy mice are scuttling and Frisbees do soar
    There's tug toys and tennis balls and chew bones galore
    With fields full of bluebells and a cool rippling stream
    Where angels bring titbits and bowls full of cream
    So try not to worry and try not to grieve
    The love in their hearts will never leave
    They'll happily play there and patiently wait
    'Til you go to fetch them at heavens gate
    Karen and the gang

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your loss....
    Best wishes from Islandicas Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry to hear this - bless her, it's so tragic that she was with you for only a short time. I hope though that it is a consolation to you that she did know love and care for that time.

Thinking of you
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much everyone for your wonderful support! It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow since I helped Brandy across the bridge, and I'm just barely starting to accept the fact that she's gone myself. It's never easy, but for some reason Brandy's death hit me harder the most, but the chance of actually seeing her romp and be a normal dog right before she passed away does bring me alot of comfort! I knew she loved me almost as much as I loved her, she never complained, she'd just lay there for hours and let me slowly work on her matted coat - To someone who didn't know her, Brandy may have looked like a unkempt dog that nobody wanted - To me, she was the most beautiful collie in the world! Some day when my heart has had more of a chance to heal, and I can think of Brandy without tears, I plan to rescue another old collie that just needs a special place for it's last days - More then anything, Brandy re-awakened my deep love for the breed!!!! Maybe that's what she was sent to me for!!
    Mommy to Amber (B/T female born 09/2003 ) and Starlight (Tri female born 05/2008 )
    Also owned by 2 Italian Greyhounds, 2 Afghans, 3 Sphynx Cats, and 1 Ragdoll cat
    Missing Brandy (Rough Collie), Anabelle (Toy Poodle), and my other furkids across the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I am so very sorry to read this, I am thinking of you. Run free at the Bridge Brandy
    Bev and the Gang

Post Thanks / Like

Cavymom, I'm so sorry to learn of Brandy's passing I remember your first post about her and how you felt such a strong connection with her.
    I'm sure she loved you every bit as much as you loved her and perhaps her romping around was her way of showing you just how happy you made her...
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

I am deeply sorry for your loss. It sounds like you gave Brandy happiness in her final days. She was lucky to have found you.
    Lynn
    Momma to Molly (blen) Maxwell (tri) Nora (blen) and 2 kitties

Ohhh yeah...and 2 human (20 & 21 yr old) "children"