• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My darling Brandy

CavyMom

Many of you will remember about a month and a half ago I brought home a beautiful Collie(http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=23117) name Brandy - She was one of the most special dogs I've ever had the joy of living with! Sadly, 2 weeks ago Wednesday tragidy hit, and took my beautiful Brandy with it. I had finally got Brandy's coat unmatted and it was starting to look good again, she was able to get up and down without extreme pain, and was really starting to do well. The night before she passed away, for the first time I saw her actually run around the yard playing with one of my Italian Greyhounds, I'll never forget the joy of seeing Brandy play freely without pain at last!

Sadly, the next morning I woke up to a devistating site - My beautiful Brandy had had a stroke during the night, she was totally unresponsive, had no reflexes, she couldn't even hold her head up. I rushed her to the vet, we tried fluids and steroids, I kept praying for a miracle, but sadly, despite being given valium, Brandy started to seizure, and I knew that even if I could save her life, she's never have a quality of life again - I knew the stroke had just done to much damage, so I had to make the hard decision to have her put down. It's been almost 2 weeks, and still my heart is breaking! I knew she was old and our time would be short, but I was expecting much longer!!!

Run free my beautiful girl! You'll live on in my heart forever!!!

I am so sorry to hear this. I remember your pride and joy when you presented Brandy, and she had something very special about her. My eyes are filled with tears for you, and I send you all the warmest hugs and thoghts.

Thank you! And yes, Brandy was something special! I've never had such an instant connection with a dog - She was one of a kind, in the short time she was with me she added so much! My whole house feels empty without her!

oh I am so sorry to hear about Brandy :( That is just heart breaking. It's wonderful to know that she was running around in the yard the night before she stroked though :) I'm sure that sight alone made everything worth it. Run free at the bridge beautiful Brandy! :lotsaluv:

That is so sad! But it sounds like she had one last glorious romp before she passed. I bet she felt like she was already in heaven when you took her in. Brings tears to my eyes!

I'm so sorry to read this, just when she'd found happiness with you, there was something very special about her that's true and l know how these rough collies take your heart when they leave for rainbow bridge, take care you're in my thoughts
Run free Brandy, young again and pain free

I'm so sorry for your loss and like Sara said, it's good to know she was able to run around and have some fun on her last evening. It will take quite some time I'm sure to get used to her not being around, I'm sure your other dogs will be a comfort to you. :hug: :hug:

Such a short time you had with her and she was so lovely. I'm glad you gave her the love she had been missing and how much it must have comforted her.
Another soul waiting at the Bridge for you-you'll have a grand reunion. :)

I am so sorry to hear this news..yes I did read your post in feb about brandy.

I just don't know what to say ,except I am thinking of you and well done for giving her so much love in the short time you had with her. Take care:(:hug:

I'm so sorry to hear about Brandy. Like the others have said...I am glad she got to experience a bit of the good life with you. What you did for her made her life that much better.

:( Oh, that is so sad. At least she new a bit of love and a caring touch in her last days with you. Those of you who rescue are truly angels!

I'm so sorry to hear about Brandy.. but at least you gave her a happy ending of her life.. time is short, always too short, but at least having to let go is never easy but better when she was happy then when she was miserable..

I wish you a lot of strenght in the time to come and keep that image of her playing and running around in your memories forever!

Sorry to read about your loss Sara, Now and again someone special comes into our lives, even just briefly, and touches our hearts. Brandy was your someone. You gave her your love and kindess and she found the strength to enjoy her last run. Play happy at the Bridge Brandy.

There is a place that some of us know
Where our dear departed pets all go
Where the sun always shines and butterflies wing
their way across fields where bluebirds sing
Where toy mice are scuttling and Frisbees do soar
There's tug toys and tennis balls and chew bones galore
With fields full of bluebells and a cool rippling stream
Where angels bring titbits and bowls full of cream
So try not to worry and try not to grieve
The love in their hearts will never leave
They'll happily play there and patiently wait
'Til you go to fetch them at heavens gate

762693ax8rmy99y7.gif
Sorry for your loss....

I'm so sorry to hear this - bless her, it's so tragic that she was with you for only a short time. I hope though that it is a consolation to you that she did know love and care for that time.

Thinking of you

Thank you so much everyone for your wonderful support! It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow since I helped Brandy across the bridge, and I'm just barely starting to accept the fact that she's gone myself. It's never easy, but for some reason Brandy's death hit me harder the most, but the chance of actually seeing her romp and be a normal dog right before she passed away does bring me alot of comfort! I knew she loved me almost as much as I loved her, she never complained, she'd just lay there for hours and let me slowly work on her matted coat - To someone who didn't know her, Brandy may have looked like a unkempt dog that nobody wanted - To me, she was the most beautiful collie in the world! Some day when my heart has had more of a chance to heal, and I can think of Brandy without tears, I plan to rescue another old collie that just needs a special place for it's last days - More then anything, Brandy re-awakened my deep love for the breed!!!! Maybe that's what she was sent to me for!!

I am so very sorry to read this, I am thinking of you. Run free at the Bridge Brandy

Cavymom, I'm so sorry to learn of Brandy's passing :( I remember your first post about her and how you felt such a strong connection with her.
I'm sure she loved you every bit as much as you loved her and perhaps her romping around was her way of showing you just how happy you made her... :hug::hug::hug:

I am deeply sorry for your loss. It sounds like you gave Brandy happiness in her final days. She was lucky to have found you.

Back