• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My darling Brandy

I'm so sorry to read this. She was lovely. Rough collies are.

However, if it's any consolation, Hope Rescue, saved a 14 year-old merle, over the weekend. His owners died and he would not have been homed from the pound, due to his age, but he's now permanently in Hope's foster care.

That is very sad. I am so sorry to hear this. :( At least her time with you was filled with love, and it sounds like she went out on a high note. You gave her that!

I am so very sad to hear this, you gave her much love and a fresh start, her last few weeks with you were good one's. You made the right decision by her, a very tough and hard one, but the right one. Am thinking of you, :hug: :hug: :flwr:

I am so sorry for your loss! Thank you so much for giving this sweet pup a home sweet home for her remaining time. I have a Blue Merle Rough collie and though his barking can drive me crazy....he is the dearest soul.

I'm so sorry to read this. She was lovely. Rough collies are.

However, if it's any consolation, Hope Rescue, saved a 14 year-old merle, over the weekend. His owners died and he would not have been homed from the pound, due to his age, but he's now permanently in Hope's foster care.
That comment really brought a smile to my face!!! I miss Brandy terribly - But I'm so glad to hear another old collie will now live the good life for the remainder of it's days. Some day when my heart isn't so torn apart I plan to rescue another old collie or special needs collie that just needs a place for however long it has left, and I can give it the love and home it should have had all along!!! And you're right - Rough collies are just special dogs, I hate the "lassie syndrom" that plagues this breed - But that's true with any breed I guess, I just wish people would research and really make sure they are willing to groom and care for the dog properly before getting a collie (or any breed!).

CavyMom,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I remeber well how you posted about finding such a special dog last February. Although your time together was cut so very short, you clearly loved each other. How wonderful that you got to see Brandy being a joyful, playful dog before she passed. Perhaps it was her thank you to you for all your had done for her. Perhaps she wanted you to know just how much she cared for you. I'm thinking of you at this time. :hug: :hug:

Back