• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

best treats

rocky

what are the best treats to give your puppy he is 6 months old i am never out of pets at home and i have been giving him puppy mini bones they are not actual bones the are just shaped like them they are very small they are made with lamb and added calcium has anyone tried them he loves them i give him one when he comes in from doing the toilet outside i actually cut them in half so he's not getting too much i also bought some pedigree puppy markies they are mini rolls with chicken which he loves and is great because it keeps him occupied for a little while although he is eating them rather quickly now.it sais on the back you can feed 4 bicuits a day and up to 8 biscuits for medium puppies i think this is rather a lot i am only giving him 1 at the moment i know how some people feel on this forum about pedigree i did pick them up when i was in asda are they okay for him and what else do you suggest iwould like to fing a good chew for him something that will last him a little while but also healthy for him

Hi
As a small treat i am a big fan of Barker & Barker little liver treats ,max 170 per day.

I've just been to the pet shop today to buy some chews and treats. I found some chews made by Burns that are filled with chicken and are 80% meat. I also bought some Arden Grange Crunchy Bites. James Wellbeloved do good treats as well. I try to buy ones with no additives or colours. We always adjust Sally's meal according to what treats she's had so she doesn't gain weight. Feelwells do some good probiotic treats for puppies too they are a bit more expensive but last a long time.

Mine love the freeze-dried 100% green beef tripe treats. They are all natural, and have no artificial coloring, fillers or preservatives. The website is www.purefreshandsimple.com.

If I want to give them something to keep them occupied, I'll give them marrow bones...it takes them awhile to get all of that yummy marrow out! :D

We give our dogs 1/2 of the small size Innova Health Bars at night when they go to bed and once in a while they will get another 1/2 bar during the day. But their absolute favorite treat (all of them but 2) is an ice cube!! Whenever they hear the icemaker, they RUN for the kitchen. We love it because it's no calories or fat! I never would have guessed they would be so crazy over an ice cube.

Ah yes the ice cube trick !
Brilliant, I always did that to Marlon when he was a puppy fooled him every time that he was getting a treat !
He is too wise now, he just knocks it out of hand with his nose and looks at me in disgust !

Another tip for a Marky, is put some kibble in a small puppy kong, and then stuff the marky in the top.
Keeps a puppy entertained for a while.

Back