Thread: Amber's at the vet

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Amber's at the vet

And I'm a mess LOL When I got Amber, she had a reducible hernia that always worried me that she'd get something stuck into, so finally I've decided that despite the wishes of the lady I got her from (who still co-owns Amber). I was going to go ahead and have it repaired and forget about showing her for a while. My friend who I got Amber from really wants to see her shown, but I just wasn't comfortable leaving that hernia like that - Besides, she really needed a dental, and I had putting a dog under anesthetic, so I figured I might as well kill two birds with one stone!

I can't wait to hear back from the vet to find out how she did!
    Mommy to Amber (B/T female born 09/2003 ) and Starlight (Tri female born 05/2008 )
    Also owned by 2 Italian Greyhounds, 2 Afghans, 3 Sphynx Cats, and 1 Ragdoll cat
    Missing Brandy (Rough Collie), Anabelle (Toy Poodle), and my other furkids across the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, I'm sure she'll be fine Was it an umbilical hernia? My little Truman has a small one, and my vet said that since it's so small he wouldn't want to do anything to fix it until I had him neutered - then he would fix it, but more for aesthetic reasons, not health reasons, since it's so small. Let us know how the surgery goes!
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like

my charlie had a strangulated hernia when she was younger. the vet sent her home with antibiotics , said it was just an infection , but I brought her back & insisted they operate.

The vet of course said it wasn't bad at all. the nurse who I spoke to first however said they'd had an awful job with her.

its the only time i've ever seen my girl quiet & not wanting a walk.

Her breeder told me when I got her that it would never strangulate.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure she will be just find and soon be back home with you. You;ll probably feel the effects more than she does lol - think we're all guilty of that aren't we
    Bev and the Gang

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Amber.
    Silva has just had her hernia fixed. She was pretty down the first day but on the 3 day she ha forgotten about it and was playing and eating normally again.Hope Amber will be quick to recver too
    Best wishes from Islandicaīs Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Amber.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)