• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Amber's at the vet

CavyMom

And I'm a mess LOL When I got Amber, she had a reducible hernia that always worried me that she'd get something stuck into, so finally I've decided that despite the wishes of the lady I got her from (who still co-owns Amber). I was going to go ahead and have it repaired and forget about showing her for a while. My friend who I got Amber from really wants to see her shown, but I just wasn't comfortable leaving that hernia like that - Besides, she really needed a dental, and I had putting a dog under anesthetic, so I figured I might as well kill two birds with one stone!

I can't wait to hear back from the vet to find out how she did!

Good luck, I'm sure she'll be fine :p Was it an umbilical hernia? My little Truman has a small one, and my vet said that since it's so small he wouldn't want to do anything to fix it until I had him neutered - then he would fix it, but more for aesthetic reasons, not health reasons, since it's so small. Let us know how the surgery goes! :flwr:

my charlie had a strangulated hernia when she was younger. the vet sent her home with antibiotics , said it was just an infection , but I brought her back & insisted they operate.

The vet of course said it wasn't bad at all. the nurse who I spoke to first however said they'd had an awful job with her.

its the only time i've ever seen my girl quiet & not wanting a walk.

Her breeder told me when I got her that it would never strangulate.

I'm sure she will be just find and soon be back home with you. You;ll probably feel the effects more than she does lol - think we're all guilty of that aren't we ;)

Good luck Amber.
Silva has just had her hernia fixed. She was pretty down the first day but on the 3 day she ha forgotten about it and was playing and eating normally again.Hope Amber will be quick to recver too:xfngr:

Awww don't you just hate it when they are away having an anaesthetic. I am sure Amber will be just fine & home with you soon. :luv:

590-1055.gif

Good luck Amber!! Hope she's feeling better today!

Sorry, my computer died and I just got it back today! Amber did really well, she's now back home and back to her old self chasing flies around the house LOL I just love this goofy little girl!!!

Back