• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is Salmon ok?

Louise1823

Hi all,
Millie had her first (tiny) taste of Salmon last week - and she almost ate the plate that it was served on! (I swear she thinks she's a cat sometimes..) :c*t:
Im just wondering is it okay to give her this as an occasional treat? It didnt appear to upset her tummy, so I was thinking it would be nice for her the odd time??
Any thoughts would be great!
Louise

I regularly give tinned salmon and the dogs love it. The only issue i know of is with raw salmon in some parts of the world -- I know is some parts of the US raw salmon can have a parasite that makes dogs very ill, but cooking does kill it.

That said tinned salmon is high in sodium but I just drain off the liquid.

Thats good to know - it was tinned Red Salmon that she tried, and wolfed down! I drained off all the liquid and was careful about removing any sharp bones - so think I will go and invest in a few tins the next time I at the supermarket.
How much would you allow and how often?

Great thread....I was looking for something healthy to give my 3 with kibble instead of veg all the time.I think I'll try a bit of salmon as pippin can't eat chicken.

Back