• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kennel Cough Vacine.

Justine

We were thinking ,when the kennels open Alfs will have to have the vacine all the time,because of the situation.Do you think this is ok...

Lots of dogs kept in kennel situations have this vaccine all the time. The alternative is he will always be at high risk for kennel cough and its complications because you will be exposing him constantly to lots of dogs. Be strict on admitting dogs too -- I know a kennel where all the unvaccinated dogs ended up getting KC and the kennel owner had to pay for all to be treated by the vet. Mine were amongst the only ones that didn't get KC (and had up to date KC vax) -- the rest were really ill. They changed their policy on the KC vax after that costly incident.

So its ok to keep him vacinated,oh and dont worry all the dogs owners will have to have up to date vet cards.I will be asking for these when the booking is being made.I will not be taking in any dogs without the correct paper work.They will be refused point blank....

We've always had all of our dogs vaccinated against kennel cough and (touch wood) never had a bad reaction. Though our dogs don't go to kennels they are exposed to other dogs on occassion and I've always had it in the back of my mind that if in an emergency we did have to board the dogs at least they would be covered.

Back