Thread: Sickish This Morning

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sickish This Morning

I need everyone's advice this morning. Kip got up and was acting normal all morning, he ate, he pooed, he played. Then all of a sudden he threw up. Quite a bit actually. It consisted of (I am sure you all want to know this) whitish foam and his food. His kibble didnt looked chewed at all. Afterwards he was still running and playing but as a new mommy I am a little over worried about him. I scheduled a visit for 1pm today.

Should I worry? Or did he just eat too fast?
    Carrie
    Kip~Tri-Color Boy
    Albie~Blenheim Boy

Post Thanks / Like

Sound like he just eating too fast.....?
    A friend of mine has a greedy/speedy pup too and the problem was solved by scattering the kibble on the floor ,then the pup had to slow down )
    Best wishes from Islandica´s Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Rather than just scheduling a vet appointment, I always recommend asking the vets IF you should bring your dog in and describe the circumstances, if you are unsure. There are situations where I know my dogs should go in, but much of the time I ask for the good advice of my vets first so that I don't needlessly consume my time or theirs.

Puppies and dogs vomit for all sorts of reasons and unless there are other signs of problems or you feel the dog is vomiting due to a problem -- something ingested for example -- I wouldn't generally contact the vets.

Dogs don;t generally chew their food much (nor do humans!) so vomit often looks pretty undigested. hat's because they are throwing up what hasn't yet been digested much.

There's a good guide on whether you need to see the vet pinned to the top of this section that I find very useful. The first item is on vomiting:

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showpo...76&postcount=2
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS SO MUCH! I often tend to be a worry wart.
    Carrie
    Kip~Tri-Color Boy
    Albie~Blenheim Boy

Post Thanks / Like

Chester used to do this a lot when he had scoffed his dinner down & then starting playing too soon! God forbid he could leave his ball for 5 mins! ;o)
    Kelly, Mum to Chester

Post Thanks / Like

Drinking too much water straight after eating can also cause this, I've found. Especially if the pup is a gobbler!
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years