Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oprah

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oprah

Friday on Oprah they will have a behind the scenes look at puppy mills. I know that it will be hard for any animal lover to watch....but please do so!!! She will list ways to get involved so that we can put a stop to this horrible problem. My husband and I have a 2 1/2 yr old tri that we ignorantly purchased from one of these places. Wrigley has had 3 surgeries in his short little life and although has recovered nicely....he should not have had to go through what he has. It has been very exspensive and time consuming. We are lucky that a.) we could afford to handle his care and b.) that I did not work and had the time to devote to him for his recovery. We would not trade him for the world, and would not have it any other way. It breaks my heart to think what would have happened to him if he were placed with people who could not offer him the same. The number of cavs going to foster care and rescues is growing because of the mills. Please watch and do what you can!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think many of us will be watching

Post Thanks / Like

Am going to tape it, put my two puppies and our little visitor on the bed with me so I can hug them while I cry. I know this will be difficult to watch...but so necessary for the general public to see what goes on behind the scenes of that cute little puppy in the petshop.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would just make me so depressed that my weekend would be ruined, but I am soooooooo glad that she is making the public aware of this horrible crises~~~~~judy and dixie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jld View Post
    I think it would just make me so depressed that my weekend would be ruined, but I am soooooooo glad that she is making the public aware of this horrible crises~~~~~judy and dixie

I am the same as you I want to watch it but I would not be able to get the images out of my head. I do know it is very important to see it so everyone knows just what goes on in those horrid puppy mills, but just the previews made me cry. judy

Post Thanks / Like

My boss is out today, so I took a break and watched it on the TV in her office, I was a hysterical mess. Our office manager even said it would be okay if I needed to go home.

It was such a sad show (especially for me since 2 of mine were puppy mill rescues) but I really think Oprah brought to light a lot of things people were unaware of and she spent half of the show crying herself.

Fingers are crossed that a lot of people were educated today and that change is in the near future!

Post Thanks / Like

No 60 min. show will cover any topic perfectly but I think Oprah's show today made a great attempt to get the facts out re: puppymills and pet stores. It's hard to be completely objective re: how the show was balanced when you have a puppymill fellow of your own. Oprah's tears at the beginning regarding her sweet Cocker did set the stage for sadness.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Thank you Oprah!!!!!

Although the show brought many tears I'm sure,
    I'm very happy she did it. Thank You to Oprah
    and Lisa Ling for taking the time to raise awareness.
    Just by her saying that she will, from now on, only
    rescue from a shelter, will change many views on adopting.
    People will think twice next time they have the urge to
    walk through or shop from a pet store that sells puppies.
    An easy thing to do is not shop from pet stores that sell puppies
    AT ALL!!! If everyone just did that, what a difference it would make.
    There are plenty of businesses to buy pet supplies from.

I'm sure that everyone was able to learn something today.
    Very enlightening to our dog loving world.
    Dawn &
    Chloe tri 1/07

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think it would hurt at all to email 'thank you's" to Oprah and her staff for this show and to Main Line Rescue for getting this show started. And if anyone has time,email the pet shops and tell them to quit selling puppies-if only one quits it's a victory. Never hurts to turn up the heat esp. since the fire is burning brightly.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

I just got done watching the show from my TiVo and of course cried the whole time. The segment on the shelter in Texas that euthanizes an average of 40 dogs a day seriously actually made me almost throw up. I can't believe how many hopeless dogs lose their lives everyday. It just makes me sick that we as humans actually let it get this bad. As heartbreaking as the show was I hope it was watched by a lot of people and will change some minds forever.