• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Whats The Weather Like

Brian M

Hello
Tonight being Saturday night and as the weather forecast for tomorrow is wet and windy with sleet or snow in many places walks could be a problem, but with living on the Wirral peninsula we hardly ever get any snow as we are between two rivers the Mersey and the Dee and in the shadow of the Welsh hills and the Pennines so most of the time its just wet, not that i am complaining about the lack of snow as i suppose we can always pop over the border into N. Wales as its only 20 minutes.When i was a young lad mum and dad had a little cottage in N.Wales up in a place called Errwys on Black Mountain between Mold and Denbigh and i remember myself and Stephen (my younger brother who has now sworn allegiance to the USA and resides now in Washingto DC) often going there on school hols in the winter and getting snowed in for a couple of days, so tomorrow it may be back to the doggy coats coats for the girls and all after a little glimpse of warm weather today. :neutral:

We live just a few miles north of Southampton - we never get snow :-( Even if it does snow its normally gone within minutes, my boys have never experienced snow and are probably never likely too.... Funny how the weather has changed over the years as i remember going sledging most winters when i was a girl and yet as an adult i cannot remember the last time we have a decent covering!

It's been snowing here this morning, but doesn't seem to be lying thank goodness. Roll on summer :rah:

There was a dusting of snow on the cars in Dublin this morning -- I wasn't up that early but ran into a dog-walking neighbour who was up at 7:30 and told me. Cold last night but the snow was gone by the time I was out at 8:30!

Its strange, on friday we went to the coast (only 20 miles away) in the evening and had a pleasant WARM walk without needing a coat or jumper there were people on the beach that had been there all day having fun -

this morning there is snow, its cold and wet. Snow still falling but also sleet, and the snow is melting, kids have been out for a snowball fight and are now back indoors having cleared the cars for us ;)

Amber out this morning investigating that white wet stuff, we don`t get that much here these days.
SS100244.jpg

Woke up here in the Midlands to a good inch of snow on the garden and tree's but none has settled on the roads :confused:
Josie and Caitlin were at their nan's overnight and of course made a lovely snowman by 8 this morning :p Have just had a :blabla: from a distraught Caitlin saying that the "Snowman's died Mummy!" :cry*ing:

It's snowing outside now! And sleet. What weird weather; I too was in lighter weight spring clothes a few days ago; now tonight it is to go below freezing and they are predicting snow for Dublin perhaps in coming days.

The weather is fine here...

We're off to the beach this afternoon or maybe a boat ride! It is about 80 degrees and sunny, sunny, sunny!

I'm a custom home builder, so if anyone from overseas wishes to build a home over here you let me know! :cool: We actually just sold two homes to couples from Ireland, and my neighbor lives in Scotland all but two months a year (they holiday here in the summer).

Hi
Just come back after our Sunday afternoon walk and after 30 mins started to hailstone and looking out over the Irish Sea dark ominous clouds were moving in so gave up and back to the car and home . Must be getting some of those heavy clouds that were over Dublin before,!:(

The weather was terrible here this morning. I worked a night shift last night and came out of work at 7:30 to find my car covered in thick icy snow :mad:. Just what you fancy after a busy night shift! :( I thought we'd passed this bad weather with it now being April!

I'm over in the states in Wisconsin and the weather is nice about 52F and a nice breeze. My hubby and I are heading out to the beach and to my parents for chicken on the grill.

Last edited:
I'm also in the US, it snowed almost 8" of wet heavy snow! :eek: Thank goodness it is almost all melted today already with the nice warm sun. But it's time for spring to be here and stay!!
Of course the pups loved to run and jump in it!! But the snowballs that attached to their fur were huge! What a mess!!
I should have taken photos of them..

Beautiful day in Gallup New Mexico.68,sunny and clear.The sun shines here almost every day of the year.

Back