• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

thoughts on SM causes

Bet

Karlin ,
Could I mention how I really feel that Cavalier Breeding Stock should be Heart Tested for a Heart condition before being mated .

The MRI Scanning is giving more problems .
Iv'e been told that Cavaliers who have a Syrinx , when having a Litter of Puppies could be in great pain when Whelping their Litter ,so yes ,I believe that all Breeding Cavaliers should be being MRI Scanned to see if they have a Syrinx ,which denotes SM

Now for me the Grey Area .
It's been mentioned at a Griffon Seminar recently that Cavaliers have Larger Brains and Smaller Heads than other Breeds of similar size .

I contacted Professor Larry Glickman ,Purdue University ,America ,who Researches into Adverse Vaccines to Genetically Susceptible Dogs ,wondering whether the Larger Brains of Cavaliers could be being a result of being Genetically Susceptible and having a Brain Swelling from their Vaccine .

He replied back ,saying that this could be a possibilty .

About the Malformed Bone many Cavaliers have ,I still wonder if this didn't happen when the alteration was done to the Cavalier Breed in the 30's ,and they lived normal lives with it .

There are so many questions to be answered about SM ,maybe one of the answers will be to MRI Ato A's MRI Scan their off-springs ,and then MRI those off-springs ,this could take a number of years ,but how else will it be found out if SM is coming down through the Generations .

I don't think it's been proved to be Hereditary yet .

Bet

I will sticky. I will also split off these responses to a separate thread, as they go off on a tangent to the point of the post, which is an admin issue. I'm happy to have a discussion of testing theories as a separate topic, Bet. (y)

Stickied the main breeder post and locked it; and set this up as its own thread. (y)

Thanks Karlin!!

I think that the breeder post should be at the top of the list permanantly rather than "getting lost" after a couple of days as this is such a "highly trafficked" site! (y)

Back