• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ellie in her drying coat

ann

She doesn't mind wearing it, and her fur is beautiful and smooth when I take it off :)
bath 2.jpg

Those coats are a total godsend!! They really do help keep coats nice and flat and add a nice sheen too, VERY popular in the showing world!!

Great picture of Ellie. She looks like she is feeling sorry for herself. Do you put the coat on after towel drying and then dry naturally or dry a little with hair dryer first and then put coat on? :confused:I'm thinking it would be ideal for Sally to stop her going crazy after her bath.

Well I tend to get as much water out of the coat as I possibly can first, brush the coat roughly how I want it to lie then pop the coat on and then it's your choice really! If I'm using them prior to a show I finish off with the dryer. I have to say though that I do tend to only use them on the show dogs (when I have any! :lol:)

You can buy them from here, this is who I have bought mine from here in the UK, she is a breeder/exhibitor herself and is constantly improving on the coats all the time!!

http://www.verto.co.uk/drystore/catalog/index.php

I give Ellie a good rub to towel dry her, then I comb her, and then I use the hairdryer to get her fur almost dry. Then I comb her hair out as smooth as possible and put the drying coat on.... I left it on for over an hour. In fact she fell asleep on my knee. When I took it off her coat was smooth and glossy :luv:.......Until she rolls in the mud again :D

I like that design. The one I have is hard to put on. The part that goes over the ears falls in her eyes so I pull it down to her neck. I wish I could find one like that in the US. Does it have velcro fastners?

The email address for these coats [email protected] sorry I can't remember the name of the site.
They just pull over the head, and you are supposed to pull the ears through the slits, but Ellie doesn't like it on her head, so I just roll it down.
Her fur still looks lovely and smooth and glossy.....

hee hee she is adorable! The coats fantastic , in a very old book called 'everything about the cavalier' old tights were suggested with holes cut through to straighten out a curly coat.(y) I cant imagine either of minestaying still to get tights over them! clever recycling i guess:rolleyes:

Back