Thread: First Aid Kits

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default First Aid Kits

These are really handy and perfect for the car -- only £11 for UK folks and £13 for Ireland, p&p included. Profits go to Dundalk Dogs if you order this month; Dundalk Dogs are a really great pound rescue run almost entirely by one person -- several of my rescue cavaliers have come out due to this hard working rescue.

If you are thinking something like this would be handy, this is a great time to buy a little kit!

http://animalrescuefundraising.webs....emsforsale.htm
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have a first aid kit I carry in the car. I love the security of knowing it's there. I also carry a few beach towels and a jug of water in the car. I've needed both for various reasons.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A jug of water is something I want to add. The tweezers and the gauze and saline solution would all be very handy for the car -- I will add in some Benadryl for stings to the kit when it arrives! Towels are a good idea too for wrapping a dog.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin, is it alright if I post a link to the Red Cross pet first aid kit (if not, please delete my post)? US members can likely get them at their local chapter but if that's not convenient, the Bay Area chapter has a really nice one for sale on the chapter store site- http://www.redcrossshop.org/firstaid/kit4.htm. I have one at home and in the car and have some water packets rubber banded to both.

I also recommend including pet supplies in your family preparedness kit. In addition to human food, I also have a weeks worth of cat and dog food as well as everyone's medication. If you do have a kit, it's important to remember to switch out the food and medicine every year.
    Spencer and his mom, Whitney

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I 've just ordered a first aid kit from Canine chemists (before I saw this post. I quite like the idea that it contained one of those "thingy" blankets which you can use for keeping a dog warm ( like the ones runners use)
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)